Need bigtime keeper help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need bigtime keeper help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need bigtime keeper help

Postby coomerguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 am

Hey, guys. I'm really struggling with the keeper list, so I'm turning to the forum. 14-team Yahoo PPR league. Each team keeps EIGHT. Some of these keepers are obvious, but when it gets down to those last couple spots, I just don't know. We start 2 WR, 1RB, 1TE and then we have a WR/TE flex and a WR/RB flex. SO, here is the list. I'd love to hear opinions on Top 8:

Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Wallace
Antonio Gates
Demarco Murray
Roy Helu
Torrey Smith
DeAngelo Williams
Donald Brown
Carson Palmer
Andy Dalton
LeGarrette Blount

Obviously, I feel as though Fitz, Wallace, Gates and Murray are 1-4 locks. After that, I feel as though the waters get a bit muddy. DeAngelo is frustrating. Helu and Blount both had nice stretches last year, but both seem to have timeshares. I read great things about Brown, but has he proven that he can do anything - especially with that line? Torrey Smith is probably a keeper. Then there are the QBs. I think Palmer could be in for a really good year, but Dalton is younger and had a nice year last year.

I finished 3rd last year, so I have the #10 pick. Then I traded my 2nd pick to get Murray, leaving me with a 3rd and two 4ths. So I'm hoping that some of these guys I can pick up higher in the draft. If I was more savvy and had the time, I would have packaged some of these guys for a bit more talent or draft picks, but I just haven't had the time. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
coomerguy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need bigtime keeper help

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 am

I would keep, Fitz, Wallace, Gates, Murray, Smith, Brown, Helu, and D-Will. I think you could find a better QB in the draft than Palmer, or Dalton. I prefer Luck, RG3, and Schaub over them. Martin should get the majority of carries, so I view Blount as more of a handcuff.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Minnesota Guy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:05 am

Fitz, Wallace, Gates, Murray, T. Smith, Brown, Palmer and DeAngelo. You guys must not have much of a draft of 80 players are off the board to start. I like those guys the best for you. I think Fitz, Wallace, Murray and Gates are obvious for you. Palmer will be adequate and Torrey Smith has the tools to be a top 10 guy. If Flacco leans on him more and more, 80 catches for 1200 yards is not out of the question. I picked Donald Brown and DeAngelo for your last two slots. Donald Brown is an every down back in Indy who could be surprising in the fantasy world and DeAngelo is always just one injury away from being an elite back again. (Not sure what Carolina has going on with all the backs they are investing in).

Good luck!

Larry Fitzgerald
Mike Wallace
Antonio Gates
Demarco Murray
Roy Helu
Torrey Smith
DeAngelo Williams
Donald Brown
Carson Palmer
Andy Dalton
LeGarrette Blount
Minnesota Guy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby coomerguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 am

Yes, it's a difficult and frustrating draft . . . that is for sure. Top few picks are all the bigtime rookies. RG3, Luck and Richardson will go 1,2,3. Then sprinkle in some guys that couldn't be kept (I think a couple of my guys) and then the top defensive players will start going. SO it's interesting, that is for sure.

Well thank you so far. I'd love to get more input. Seems like that last spot is the real question. Keep a QB or keep Helu is probably what it comes down to.
coomerguy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CynicdarK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 am

I would pick Helu because he stepped his game up last year and got some points. Struggled towards the end but is a great sleeper in a 8 keeper league!
CynicdarK
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby coomerguy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 am

I like Helu . . . but is there a "Shanahan Consideration" in which he refuses to let his most talented running back get the majority of the carries? Another consideration too, I suppose is if I keep Brown, D-Will and Murray . . . is keeping another RB not wise over keeping a QB? Trade bait if he does well, I suppose - but if I miss out on a QB, I'm really stuck.
coomerguy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions