Trade Ryan Mathews? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Ryan Mathews?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby Youngsir620 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 pm

10-team standard Yahoo league non ppr. We start 3 WRs. My league drafted last week, the day before mathews got hurt and i took him with the 4th overall pick lol. I was wondering if i should trade him for another tier 1 back.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

My team:

STARTERS:
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ryan Mathews
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Jermichael Finley
FLEX (RB/WR): DeMarco Murray
D/ST: Jets
K: Matt Bryant

BENCH:
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Ben Tate
RB: CJ Spiller
RB: Evan Royster
WR: Eric Decker
WR: Torrey Smith
WR: Austin Collie
Youngsir620
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 pm

I would look to trade him but I do not think you will get full value. Jamaal Charles is a running back I would target.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 46)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby Youngsir620 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:42 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would look to trade him but I do not think you will get full value. Jamaal Charles is a running back I would target.


Not a bad idea.

How do you feel about Charles workload? Hes probably not going to get a lot of TDs.

I really like Mathews but now im really concerned about him staying healthy for the remainder of the season. When he plays he will beast.
Youngsir620
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby angry bird 23 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Id try and trade him both your starting running backs are hurt and could start out slow so it wouldnt be a bad idea to look for another back
angry bird 23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 13
Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Youngsir620 wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I would look to trade him but I do not think you will get full value. Jamaal Charles is a running back I would target.


Not a bad idea.

How do you feel about Charles workload? Hes probably not going to get a lot of TDs.

I really like Mathews but now im really concerned about him staying healthy for the remainder of the season. When he plays he will beast.


Whats nice about Charles is he does not need a large workload to have big numbers due to his 6.1 yards per carry average. In 2010 he had 230 touches for 1,467 yards with Thomas Jones. He finished in the top 5 with only five touchdowns in 2010. I think he will be fully heathy since he was injured early last season as well.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 46)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby Youngsir620 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

11stever11 wrote:
Youngsir620 wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I would look to trade him but I do not think you will get full value. Jamaal Charles is a running back I would target.


Not a bad idea.

How do you feel about Charles workload? Hes probably not going to get a lot of TDs.

I really like Mathews but now im really concerned about him staying healthy for the remainder of the season. When he plays he will beast.


Whats nice about Charles is he does not need a large workload to have big numbers due to his 6.1 yards per carry average. In 2010 he had 230 touches for 1,467 yards with Thomas Jones. He finished in the top 5 with only five touchdowns in 2010. I think he will be fully heathy since he was injured early last season as well.


This is very true. I also think Charles will be good to go Week 1.

What back do you recommend I target next If the owner isn't willing to trade Charles?
Youngsir620
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 67
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Youngsir620 wrote:This is very true. I also think Charles will be good to go Week 1.

What back do you recommend I target next If the owner isn't willing to trade Charles?


I think Trent Richardson is a nice target. He is an injury risk, and owners might be a little to low on him because of that. He probably wil see at least 250 touches. Also you could get a little more depth although you have nice depth right now.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 46)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:19 pm

I think the point of the regular season is to make the playoffs. You have great WR's that will keep you afloat until your RB's are healthy. You are going to have a great duo of backs when it matters and will still be set at WR. I would stand pat
Image
murphysxm
Moderator
Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2596
(Past Year: 212)
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby Wood Chipper » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Buy Low, Sell High

He is low right now so no, do not trade him.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 330
Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Trade Ryan Mathews?

Postby JoshB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:Buy Low, Sell High

He is low right now so no, do not trade him.


Agree. If you try to trade him, you will not get fair or full value.
JoshB
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 29
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 15 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:40 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact