Draft Help WHIR As Always! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft Help WHIR As Always!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Help WHIR As Always!

Postby KSig24 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I just entered into a PPR keeper league. Yahoo format with 6 pts TD's. We also get points for return yards and TD's.

My dilemma is this: I have the 9th pick out of 10 teams and I am about to be on the clock. Yahoo has Percy Harvin as the top position player projected with the most points other than QB's in this format. I currently own Welker, Julio Jones and DeMarco Murray. Oh and every team already either has a QB or doubled up because of the ascent of Rodgers, Brees and Brady. So myself and one other manager have no Q at this point. He is leaning towards drafting CJ2K. Do I take McFadden at 9th to solidify my RB corps or go with the scoring settings and take a Forte and then Harvin/Vick at 12 or change the whole strategy and take Fitz and Andre Johnson and hope to catch a falling star?

The big thing here is that I need to make these moves count because I have no 3rd or 5th rd draft picks.

Peyton Manning is the QB with the highest projected points.
KSig24
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Help WHIR As Always!

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

IIUC, I would take DMC and then 2 picks later(assuming a snake draft) either take P. Manning(he almost has me convinced he is good to go) or who is the next BAP QB on the list? You have NO 3rd round pick so you probably need to grab a QB with your 2nd round pick... or somehow hope to have some Luck, literally, in the 4th round, or someone you think might still be around like Cutler or maybe even a rebounding Cassel?

How many players do you keep each year?

I would guess that a bit of Harvin's projected Yahoo value is based on him continuing to return kicks... is he still slated to do that now that he is one of Minny's top WR targets?

You might also find that in a QB valued league, AJ might be there at pick 2.01? If so, I would take him.... remember, in most leagues, you can make trades and as long as AJ stays healthy, you might grab a QB like Cutler in round 4 and then trade AJ before he gets hammied again with Cutler for someone like Brees?

Please help me in return: viewtopic.php?t=515502
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions