Carson Palmer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Carson Palmer

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carson Palmer

Postby Jason497 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm

What do you guys think of Carson Palmer as a QB2?

I'm in a league, scoring is 1/25, 6 points a TD and only -1 for an INT/FL.

That fact that turnovers are barely penalized I think makes him a great QB2 in my league, he was playing like a borderline QB1 coming off the couch last season, when Denarius Moore gets over the hamstring he'll finally have all 3 WRs and Darren Mcfadden. The defense is starting Shawntae Spencer and Ron Bartell at CB, they are going to be in tons of shootouts because that's horrible.

Dennis Allen said a couple weeks ago Palmer was having an exceptional camp, although that could be coachspeak, what the hell else is he supposed to say?

The other night, I didn't like that he threw a bad INT vs. Dallas but I did like that he was slinging it deep, guns blazing.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Carson Palmer

Postby murphysxm » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 pm

he is my top QB #2 target. Very high floor and that offense could be explosive
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby brownsfan425 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 pm

murphysxm wrote:he is my top QB #2 target. Very high floor and that offense could be explosive

I got to disagree. I am not sold on him as a #2 target, I could see as a #3 target at best because of a lack of a consistent receiver. I see the receivers he has (DHB, Denarious Moore) as more of wild cards. You can't guarantee that they will have the same production each week. My philosophy is that it is always good to go out slinging the rock around but expect a lot of miscues. His high number of INT's last year back that up, half a season or not.

He is a good QB but he's not the same guy he was in Cincy. You can't replace TO, Houshmanzadeh and Chad OchoCinco Headbutting Johnson.
brownsfan425
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Jason497 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm

He isn't my top QB2 target. Assume Cutler is 12th, then I like Big Ben, Schaub, RGIII, and probably Andrew Luck (with only -1 ints), which slots him in 16th-17th, or 4th-5th best QB2.

When you figure atleast 24 QBs get rostered, he seems like a solid late round investment.

I just took him as the 20th QB in the draft I'm doing now, behind Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby brownsfan425 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

That's about the value I had him at, a late round investment. I took him 3rd round from the end as an emergency. He was the last QB taken in our ten team league ahead of notables like Sanchez, Hasselbeck among others. It's going to be down to receiver consistency though and whether or not Run DMC will be healthy. He can either be a huge risk or a huge steal.
brownsfan425
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions