Chris Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Johnson

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Some are questioning his attitude:

Tennessee Titans' Chris Johnson ignores run-game issues
11:13 PM, Aug 16, 2012
Written by David Climer

Entering the Titans’ second preseason game tonight, Chris Johnson already is in midseason form.

Unfortunately, it’s midseason 2011, not midseason 2009.

Against Seattle on Saturday, Johnson had five carries for 8 yards and ran with no sense of urgency. He didn’t press the hole. He didn’t accelerate in traffic. He didn’t make anybody miss.

In short, he didn’t look anything like the CJ2K of ’09.

Johnson shrugged it off as no big deal, suggesting the preseason opener was little more than a glorified scrimmage where the Titans didn’t install a complete game plan.

“It’s a thing you go through,” he said. “… You’re going out there like basically another scrimmage.”

con't...

more: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... ck_check=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

Johnson looked decent in his last preseason game. 45ish yards and 2 scores? With Locker in at the helm, they are definitely going to be relying a lot more on CJ4.24 this year.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:46 pm

http://qkme.me/3qumuh

Meme pretty much sums up how I feel about cj2k right now. I am unsure what to believe.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby a4ce » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:41 am

That was a pathetic showing. Moving him to my flex. :>
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby mase088 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:22 pm

I hope he kills it in the next few weeks, so I can trade him and someone may think he has a lot of value still.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

See, I'm sort of tempted to try to trade for CJ if I can get a low enough price.

I think Johnson is very likely to hit 1,500 yards unless he gets injured. Last season was regarded as a failure for him and he still finished with more than 300 touches and 1,400 yards. Not that many RBs will get 17 total touches when their team falls behind 21-3 in the first half like Tennessee did against the Pats. They will be in closer games this year and Johnson will produce a lot more, IMO. Even when there's no room to run, he catches a lot of passes (at least 40 in each of past 4 seasons).

There are legitimate risks here (including the OC and OL concerns). But he is one of the few RBs with virtually no threat to take his carries, and he's still the best offensive weapon on the team. I wouldn't trade an elite RB for him, but if I can get him for a moderate price from a panicking owner, I'm all over it.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Cuffs wrote:See, I'm sort of tempted to try to trade for CJ if I can get a low enough price.

I think Johnson is very likely to hit 1,500 yards unless he gets injured. Last season was regarded as a failure for him and he still finished with more than 300 touches and 1,400 yards. Not that many RBs will get 17 total touches when their team falls behind 21-3 in the first half like Tennessee did against the Pats. They will be in closer games this year and Johnson will produce a lot more, IMO. Even when there's no room to run, he catches a lot of passes (at least 40 in each of past 4 seasons).

There are legitimate risks here (including the OC and OL concerns). But he is one of the few RBs with virtually no threat to take his carries, and he's still the best offensive weapon on the team. I wouldn't trade an elite RB for him, but if I can get him for a moderate price from a panicking owner, I'm all over it.

Interesting perspective. He'd be a decent RB2, but it would depend on what you would give away.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby thepsychic » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:26 pm

What value does everyone here feel he has right now? Would you trade him straight up for...

- Marshawn Lynch?
- Doug Martin?
- CJ Spiller?
thepsychic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ampant » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I'd think about Doug Martin. I;m not sold on Lynch with the back issues, mediocre Oline, and poor offiense with a newbie QB.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Cuffs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I offered someone Kevin Smith for him. I doubt they’ll take it, but after Smith’s 2 TD/90 total yard day, he has some value. Crazy as it sounds, part of me thinks Smith might actually have comparable numbers this year, so I don’t think that trade offer is as offensive as some might. In my mind Smith is still young enough to shake the injury bug. (But I have him in 2 other leagues so don't mind moving him in this one.)

I have Doug Martin and didn’t want to offer him for CJ, but I probably would. Frankly I don’t think Martin has done enough to get a serious look from the CJ owner. Kevin Smith had a huge end to last season (7 TDs in 7 games) and has had a big start to this season, so in my view there’s more there to entice the CJ owner….maybe.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Next

Return to Football Talk