Chris Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby RWLongy4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 am

Cuffs wrote:I offered someone Kevin Smith for him. I doubt they’ll take it, but after Smith’s 2 TD/90 total yard day, he has some value. Crazy as it sounds, part of me thinks Smith might actually have comparable numbers this year, so I don’t think that trade offer is as offensive as some might. In my mind Smith is still young enough to shake the injury bug. (But I have him in 2 other leagues so don't mind moving him in this one.)

I have Doug Martin and didn’t want to offer him for CJ, but I probably would. Frankly I don’t think Martin has done enough to get a serious look from the CJ owner. Kevin Smith had a huge end to last season (7 TDs in 7 games) and has had a big start to this season, so in my view there’s more there to entice the CJ owner….maybe.

Once Leshoure comes back from his suspension Kevin Smith will be splitting carries at best on a team that does not run the ball. I wouldn't expect much out of him from here on out. If someone coughs up Chris Johnson for him you got a steal.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Saw CJ4.24 on a pass play today. He was standing still, totally disinterested in the play, gave no hearted effort at touching pass rusher. He may have a Johnson, but he sure has no wontons. I trade Crissy for whatever I can rip someone off for.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Traded him for victor Cruz straight up. Was all about some salsa today.

Will probably have trouble moving him now in my other league, but I'll try.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:32 am

We need a new rule for the NFLPA regarding holdouts. Let's call it the Caz Jackson rule. You come off a stellar year, and decide to hold out for big money. Good enough. But here is where the new rule kicks in. If once you get paid, you decide to start playing like garbage and lose all of your "fire", you should owe the money back in double. This would give a certain Caz Jackson to maybe want to run again.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Cuffs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:42 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
Cuffs wrote:I offered someone Kevin Smith for him. I doubt they’ll take it, but after Smith’s 2 TD/90 total yard day, he has some value. Crazy as it sounds, part of me thinks Smith might actually have comparable numbers this year, so I don’t think that trade offer is as offensive as some might. In my mind Smith is still young enough to shake the injury bug. (But I have him in 2 other leagues so don't mind moving him in this one.)

I have Doug Martin and didn’t want to offer him for CJ, but I probably would. Frankly I don’t think Martin has done enough to get a serious look from the CJ owner. Kevin Smith had a huge end to last season (7 TDs in 7 games) and has had a big start to this season, so in my view there’s more there to entice the CJ owner….maybe.

Once Leshoure comes back from his suspension Kevin Smith will be splitting carries at best on a team that does not run the ball. I wouldn't expect much out of him from here on out. If someone coughs up Chris Johnson for him you got a steal.

First off, let me say that my prediction for a CJ bounceback in week 2 was way off. From the sound of things he looked totally apathetic about playing yesterday. I might be wrong about him. But maybe his second crappy performance is going to drive the price low enough that there's not much risk in trying.

I know this isn't a smith thread, but I disagree there. There is some uncertainty to the Detroit RB situation for sure. But Leshoure is not good in pass protection, and Smith is very good in pass protection. Leshoure blew the pass block that led to Stafford getting injured in the preseason. As you said, the Lions are a pass-first offense, so I see some real limitations to the value of an RB who doesn't pass protect well when one of the Lions' 2 biggest offensive assets is a QB who before last season had an injury riddled beginning to his pro career. Plus, Kevin Smith's strong production through the tail end of last season and the first week of this season (not so hot last night vs. 49ers) has come from an average of around 17 touches per game (including receptions. That's 9 TDs in 9 games dating back to last season. Not to mention that Leshoure has only played 3 seasons of football at a level above high school, none in the NFL, and he's coming back from an achilles tendon repair. I do not think Leshoure is guaranteed to undercut Smith's value this year.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:16 am

I was just able to trade for him and upgrade my WR in the process.

I traded Brandon Lloyd and Alfred Morris (off of WW last week) for Greg Jennings and CJ. I am counting on him picking it up over the next couple weeks. Until then, he can ride the pine.

Per Roto:
Backup Javon Ringer expects to play a small role in Sunday's Week 3 game against the Lions.It's Ringer's first game back since a scary elbow infection, but he's not expecting a timeshare with struggling Chris Johnson. "They want to get C.J. rolling, so I am sure he is always going to get the bulk of the carries," Ringer said. "I just want to be able to do my part to help us win, whether it is the third down stuff or whatever." The Titans invested $30 million guaranteed in Johnson roughly one year ago
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tman570 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Thoroughly unimpressed with cj thus far. I would trade him if possible but his value is Mega low now. Good trade for Cruz.
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cuffs » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 am

Between constantly touting Kevin Smith (until now) and theories about Chris Johnson picking it up, I am seriously discredited at this point. It’s still not too late for Johnson, but hard to imagine Tennessee in an overtime game where a combined 85 points were scored, and Johnson has 15 touches for 29 overall yards. Yuck. Maybe the fact that Johnson could be cut at the end of the season and save the Titans a lot of money will motivate him to actually play.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 am

Cuffs wrote:Between constantly touting Kevin Smith (until now) and theories about Chris Johnson picking it up, I am seriously discredited at this point. It’s still not too late for Johnson, but hard to imagine Tennessee in an overtime game where a combined 85 points were scored, and Johnson has 15 touches for 29 overall yards. Yuck. Maybe the fact that Johnson could be cut at the end of the season and save the Titans a lot of money will motivate him to actually play.

Funny you mention Smith, because what I dislike most about Smith is that he drops like a rock at the hint of contact. All Chrissy needed to do Sunday was to writhe around on the ground and I would have been sure I was watching a soccer player. The dude is soft, gets tackled like he is about 100lbs. Embarrassing to think the 2K and 4.24s she had are all but distant memories. Chrissy is at serious risk for a career ending yeast infection. :-t :-t :-t

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SirGrotius » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Finally showed some life today. I had a feeling he might show something against the Texans, as though he'd rise to the challenge. I traded for him for a couple waiver pickups (good ones, but I'm in a 8-team league so the waiver is always stocked with guys like Morris).
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk