Return to Football Talk

Chris Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chris Johnson

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am

Tennessee Titans glad to finally get production from Johnson
Struggling back has season's best game with 141 yards
10:43 PM, Sep 30, 201

HOUSTON — No one with the Titans was willing to say Chris Johnson is back after his performance against the Texans, but the signs were encouraging.

The running back rushed for 141 yards on 25 carries, providing one of the few positives for the Titans in a 38-14 defeat.

“Yeah, it was a pretty good game, running the ball or whatever,” Johnson said. “I feel like my offensive line went out there and did a great job from the first snap. Just getting up on guys, pushing those guys back, recreating the line of scrimmage and just giving me somewhere to run. Like I’ve been saying all year, I’m going to be as good as my offensive line.”

Through the first three games, Johnson had 45 yards on 33 carries, an average of 1.4 per attempt. He averaged 5.6 yards per attempt against the Texans and had his longest gain of the season with a 19-yard burst.

It was his first 100-yard game since last December, when he gained 153 yards against the Bills.

“No matter what’s going on, no matter what the situation, I want to go out there every game and be the best player I can be. It’s a situation that we know we have a good offense and we just to have execute the plays and things like that,” Johnson said. “I think today helped us to take a step. I wouldn’t just say we ultimately solved the problem, but I feel like we took a good step and hopefully we continue to get better.”

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120 ... ext|Sports Tennessee Titans
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk