Keper questions I can keep one - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keper questions I can keep one

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keper questions I can keep one

Postby Taters » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 pm

I play in a 10 team 50/50 scoring non PPR league. Standard setup for rosters, I will pick last in first round. I can keep one of these three.

1. MJD Jac RB
2. Murray DAL RB
3. Stafford DET QB

Tahnks for the help ;-D
Taters
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keper questions I can keep one

Postby spread eagles » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:42 pm

When do you have to decide by? With MJD's contract situation, you may want to go Demarco Murray.
spread eagles
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Taters » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:56 am

bump
Taters
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:39 pm

At this point I would go with Murray. If MJD strolls into camp soon though that could obviously change. Like the other poster asked, by what time do you have to decide?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:03 pm

I would go with Murray. I just don't see this MJD situation ending well

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Taters » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

We draft this thursday.
Taters
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dugbrandon » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:05 pm

I'd go with MJD, I think he has to report. No point in sitting out all the year for $0 as opposed to playing for not-as-many-as-he-wants Millions.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BurritoBoy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm

I would go with Stafford.

Murray is a huge injury risk, his entire college career and his rookie year, he's been plagued by them. MJD has so many question marks as well.

I think the difference between Stafford (QB4) and Newton (QB5) this coming year will be much greater than what it was this past year. Newton's rushing TDs will come down, and I don't think he will throw for 4500 yards and 40ish TDs like I feel confident that Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Stafford will. I think he will throw around 4000 yards again and more like 25 TDs if he avoids the sophomore slump.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:I would go with Stafford.

Murray is a huge injury risk, his entire college career and his rookie year, he's been plagued by them. MJD has so many question marks as well.

I think the difference between Stafford (QB4) and Newton (QB5) this coming year will be much greater than what it was this past year. Newton's rushing TDs will come down, and I don't think he will throw for 4500 yards and 40ish TDs like I feel confident that Rodgers/Brees/Brady/Stafford will. I think he will throw around 4000 yards again and more like 25 TDs if he avoids the sophomore slump.

I have Newton projected as a bust relative to his ADP. He slowed down in the second half last year and it went greatly unnoticed. This coupled with the depth at the position and the introduction of yet another GL vulture in CAR (Tolbert) and I think he's clearly overvalued. As for Stafford, if he stays healthy, IMO he makes a run for top 3 again.

As for Murray, he is very much like DMC, high risk/reward, just less proven. It's a gamble of course, but so is MJD. Honestly OP said he picks last in the 1rst round. He could technically keep a RB and grab Brees when Stafford usually goes at the end of the 2nd. I like your reasoning but it's just so hard to grab a quality RB right now.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 am

SameSongNDance wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote:I would go with Stafford.

I have Newton projected as a bust relative to his ADP. He slowed down in the second half last year and it went greatly unnoticed. This coupled with the depth at the position and the introduction of yet another GL vulture in CAR (Tolbert) and I think he's clearly overvalued. As for Stafford, if he stays healthy, IMO he makes a run for top 3 again.

As for Murray, he is very much like DMC, high risk/reward, just less proven. It's a gamble of course, but so is MJD. Honestly OP said he picks last in the 1rst round. He could technically keep a RB and grab Brees when Stafford usually goes at the end of the 2nd. I like your reasoning but it's just so hard to grab a quality RB right now.

I have the exact same thoughts on Newton, just didn't feel like getting into all those details. I believe Tolbert was brought in to help preserve Newton's body. He had the 2 400 yards games, but then his stats died down. I can see what you mean. There is a good chance that Stafford will still be there when he picks again.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions