Which defense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Which defense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which defense?

Postby Reapers » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Ok so I know the season doesn't start for a couple weeks but I already need help. I have 49ers defense and Cincinatti defense. For week one both teams play away. 49ers at Green bay and Cincinatti at the ravens. I know the niners have a better defense but green bay is probably going to put up some good numbers and historically the ravens don't score that many points. Any advise would be awesome. Thank you
Reapers
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which defense?

Postby TorMenT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Of those 2 defenses, I play the Bengals defense against the Ravens, because any defense will struggle against the Packers. Green Bay has the most explosive offense in the league. I would check the waiver wire for a defense that is playing against the poor offense. There is never a reason to carry 2 defenses, and you can typically drop your defense weekly and pick up a defense off the waiver wire. Carrying 2 defenses wastes a roster spot, in my opinion. Based on your original question though, I play the Bengals defense.
TorMenT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:10 pm

Honestly I would drop the Bengals and pick up someone else for a week. Who is available on the wire?
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Reapers » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok thanks everyone. I really appreciate the help and advise. As you can probably tell, this is my first year and I don't know much.
Reapers
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Who to Start/Bench