Charles vs. Lynch? Why is Lynch rising? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Charles vs. Lynch? Why is Lynch rising? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Charles vs. Lynch? Why is Lynch rising? WHIR

Postby angels7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:51 pm

All of a sudden I see Lynch's stock rising above Charles as a trend on outside sites. Anyone know why? Or do you disagree due to the possible suspension?
10 tms
.5 PPR, 6 pts for pass TD

QB- Cam
WR- AJ Green, J. Nelson, J. Gordon
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

BN- Chris Johnson, Blackmon, M. Brown, L. Bell, Randle, Rivers, Spiller
angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 232)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Charles vs. Lynch? Why is Lynch rising? WHIR

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Well, personally I like both of them where their ADP stands, more so than some of the other RBs at 2.04-2.07. Why Lynch is rising may be more so a product of uncertainty amongst the backs surrounding him in that range. If you take a look at this graph, http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp_ppr.php?year=2012&teams=12&pos=rb, Charles and Lynch have interestingly enough risen at the same pace since the start of the preseason. I think it's well justified.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby angels7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

How AP is above both surprises me. And I like both these guys over Murray as well...
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 pm

angels7777 wrote:How AP is above both surprises me. And I like both these guys over Murray as well...

Recent news on AP..

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier suggested Sunday that Adrian Peterson (knee) could make his preseason debut as soon as this Friday.
"We’re going to get him a little bit more each day (this practice week) and see how he responds," said Frazier. "We need to determine what’s the next step. ... We have some ideas on how we want to approach it. But a lot of it depends on how he feels with some of the things we’re going to give him this week." It sounds like Peterson will play Friday night if the practice week goes well. - Rotoworld

I almost don't believe this. If this is true A) Peterson is superhuman and B) he might actually be a steal where he's going in some drafts. I know, crazy.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Jason497 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm

His ADP would have been real high if not for the DUI. It plummetted after that, but has gradually come back up as it gets more apparent he won't be suspended until 2013.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby dagnuk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Keep this in mind about Lynch: Marshawn Lynch was projected as a late-1st, early second round pick, going anywhere between 10th-15th in mocks. Then he got his DUI, and his ADP dropped to late-2nd/early 3rd. So, now that it's over a month later, and it doesn't look like the court proceedings/suspensions will be handed out until the season is over, his stock is rising because he SHOULD be taken sooner than he is now in redrafts without a suspension.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 pm

dagnuk wrote:Keep this in mind about Lynch: Marshawn Lynch was projected as a late-1st, early second round pick, going anywhere between 10th-15th in mocks. Then he got his DUI, and his ADP dropped to late-2nd/early 3rd. So, now that it's over a month later, and it doesn't look like the court proceedings/suspensions will be handed out until the season is over, his stock is rising because he SHOULD be taken sooner than he is now in redrafts without a suspension.

Jason497 wrote:His ADP would have been real high if not for the DUI. It plummetted after that, but has gradually come back up as it gets more apparent he won't be suspended until 2013.

What they said. Marshawn Lynch's ADP isn't rising, its actually returning back to where it was before the DUI.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby angels7777 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 pm

dagnuk wrote:Keep this in mind about Lynch: Marshawn Lynch was projected as a late-1st, early second round pick, going anywhere between 10th-15th in mocks. Then he got his DUI, and his ADP dropped to late-2nd/early 3rd. So, now that it's over a month later, and it doesn't look like the court proceedings/suspensions will be handed out until the season is over, his stock is rising because he SHOULD be taken sooner than he is now in redrafts without a suspension.

Lynch could be a valuable 2nd rounder given the uncertainty behind the likes of Forte (with Bush around), Charles (injury plus Hillis), etc.
10 tms

QB- Cam
RB- Sproles, Forte
TE- Graham
FLX- Fitz
Def- Matchup Based
K- D. Bailey

angels7777
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:02 am

I want to share a recent blurb from an article written by Damon Autry of fftoday.com.

Lynch had the best season of his career last year and finished with an impressive six games of 100 or more rushing yards through his last nine games. The Seahawks allegedly improved their passing game with the acquisition of quarterback Matt Flynn, which in turn should improve their running game. That assertion remains to be seen.

The issue I have with Lynch is that there’s nowhere to go but down; he has no upside. And to expect him to perform at the same clip as last year is asking an awful lot of a player who had never been more than a mid-range RB2 prior to last season. His current ADP (2.07) presumes many fantasy owners are banking on him to repeat his career performance from 2011. I have a hard time envisioning that. I’d need more than one year’s worth of that kind of productivity before I invest that high a draft pick in a player at such a premium position.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:24 am

The RB position in fantasy football is in such dire straights that you almost have to gamble on a guy like Lynch...or you can roll with Frank Gore/Michael Turner in round 3...
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions