My first 16 team league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My first 16 team league

Moderator: Football Moderators

My first 16 team league

Postby Lsquad » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 pm

I just drafted in the largest league i've ever played in, and i'm a bit unsure of how I did. I generally like my roster, but I think QB is potentially a big hole if Fitz can't play like he did at the begining of last year.

Let me know what you think, and if you want me to look at yours, leave a link. Thanks.

QB: Fitzpatrick (pick 169)
RB: Lynch (24)
RB: Charles (41)
WR: C. Johnson (9)
WR: V. Jackson (73)
WR: Heyward-Bey (105)
TE: Hernandez (56)
Def: Buffalo (216)
K: Kaeding (233)
Bench:
RBs : Greene (88), Wilson (137), Gerhart (184)
WRs: L. Moore (120), Mike Floyd (152), LaFell (201)
Lsquad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My first 16 team league

Postby LMack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 am

Its a bit difficult to judge a league of this size but I like your team for the most part. If you had told me that Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, DHB, and Aaron Hernandez were your starting skill position players in a 12 team league, I wouldn't bat an eye. It'd be a bit on the weaker side of a league that size, but in this instance I think you are actually pretty solid. You have surprising depth as well. Quarterback is obviously the concern. I like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Word came out that Fitzpatrick played a significant amount of time last year injured, and he still finished with 3800 yards and 24 TDs.

Are there any QBs on the wire you could grab? There might not be. You could consider trading some of your WR or RB depth to upgrade at QB if you found the right deal.

You should be competitive IMO, good luck in 2012 ;-D

If you have a chance to look at mine, I'd appreciate it
viewtopic.php?t=515706
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. I really like this team in a 16 team league. Yes, Your QB is questionable but you have good starting RBs and I like your bench RBs as well. Gerhert may be getting the bulk of the carries in MIN to start the season (maybe trade bait for the AP owner?) Wilson is a good player to stash for half the year. Im not high on Greene but he is a starting RB and NYJ are looking to run a little more this year. Your WRs are great as well. I LOVE the upside you have on the bench at this position. Fitz should be solid enough and if one of your bench players has a nice season you could always package them in a trade. Overall, nice draft!
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Tim Riggins » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 pm

I pretty much agree with what the others wrote...very strong team for your league size aside from QB. No quibble with anyone else.

I agree that you should try to grab a QB off the wire to hedge your bets. Who's available? Maybe someone like Locker or Flynn? Maybe a Ponder is worth stashing?
Tim Riggins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Lsquad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 pm

So I tried to package a RB and WR together for a QB, but no luck so far. The only starting QBs available until recently have been Gabbert, Weeden, and Tannehill, basically a whole pile of suck. I'm planning to throw my #5 waiver spot at Russell Wilson, to see what happens there. would you drop Floyd or LaFell for Wilson? Any other Ideas to sort this team out?
Lsquad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby mjpayne44 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 am

Drop your kicker instead. It will buy you time to find a decent trade or figure out who to drop, since the first game is next Wednesday.
mjpayne44
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Wags » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am

Thanks for the help with mine!

Given that it's such a deep league, I like this team. I have guys in my league with a comparable team and it's owner only 10 teams, so great work.

I'm going to piggy-back on what everyone else in saying that your QB is weak. I like the idea of picking up Wilson. I think that gives you the best shot instead of the garbage pick-up that are out there. If your league permits it, drop your kicker. If you can't, I think you'd have to go Lafell since he's the last guy you drafted.

Good luck on your season!
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

Good work, man. For 16 teams, your team looks pretty loaded to me. I know someone pointed out that your team compares favorably with some in a 10 team league, which is crazy to hear, but you're seriously fielding a solid competitor for a 12 team league.

I'd gut it out with Fitzy, just keep your ear to the ground and watch those waiver wire QBs each week carefully.

Care to share? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516467
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Roster Ratings