Michael Bush or Toby Gerhart?! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Michael Bush or Toby Gerhart?! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bush or Toby Gerhart?! WHIR

Postby runDMC! » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:53 am

I have an 8-team ESPN h2h league and drafted AP as my RB2. My immediate back up RBs (Bradshaw and Wells) are questionable for the season opener, and Bush is my next best guy. You think it'd be worth it to make a trade for Gerhart to have him as a handcuff and also to use him in the season opener since my other guys are injured?

Will Bush be any good as a red-zone back or will Forte just vulture so many carries that Bush's role won't matter as much? Gotta say, Bush looked pretty good against Washington though. Also, who will be better long-term?
runDMC!
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Bush or Toby Gerhart?! WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:40 am

For the first few weeks I'd say Gerhart, but I like Bush for the full season. I think that Chicago is going to use him as there goal line RB and he will vulture the tds from Forte. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515735
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby riley yorkington » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 am

Another vote for Bush. Not only will he be the goal line back, he'll also be in for short yardage. He's got the skill to break one of these off for a big gain. Gerhart's use will dwindle as AP proves that he's 100%. Plus, being the AP owner, you'd probably have to overpay for Gerhart. Save yourself the headache!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515757
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm

I like Bush long-term. Gerhart will be relevant as long as AP is out, but the boy wants to be back yesterday. Once #28 is on the field, Gerhart might get more carries than last year just to keep AP's load light, but not enough to have any real value.

viewtopic.php?t=515759
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

I definitely like Bush here, simply because he's the better runningback. He's always been underrated for his playmaking abilities and I think he'll come out and make it impossible for the Bears not to play him.

viewtopic.php?t=515785 Thanks.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ftandiama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 am

runDMC! wrote:I have an 8-team ESPN h2h league and drafted AP as my RB2. My immediate back up RBs (Bradshaw and Wells) are questionable for the season opener, and Bush is my next best guy. You think it'd be worth it to make a trade for Gerhart to have him as a handcuff and also to use him in the season opener since my other guys are injured?

Will Bush be any good as a red-zone back or will Forte just vulture so many carries that Bush's role won't matter as much? Gotta say, Bush looked pretty good against Washington though. Also, who will be better long-term?

I say Gerhart is the best option here UNTIL you see AP is back, and back to normal.

please help me out with mine:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=515830
ftandiama
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thebigsmooth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:26 am

Toby lost weight and is looking good. Also with a bit of a ? with AP having the injury I think that Toby should get the slight edge jut in case AP doesn't hold up.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions