Just drafted!...How'd I do?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just drafted!...How'd I do??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just drafted!...How'd I do??

Postby styles » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 am

Just drafted in my 12 team, head-to-head, PPR league. I think my team is pretty solid overall but could maybe use an upgrade at RB or WR that I will eventually look to do via trade or free agaency. Your thoughts?

Heres my team:

QB - Cam Newton
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Percy Harvin
RB - Marvin Lynch
RB - Steven Jackson
TE - Bradon Pettigrew
Flex - Desean Jackson
D/ST - NYG
K - Bailey
BN - A. Luck, W. McGahee, R. Helu, M. Floyd, T. Young, A. Collie, Daniel Thomas

Thanks!
styles
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just drafted!...How'd I do??

Postby styles » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:44 pm

bump
styles
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ken12580 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Your team is very well rounded. I just don't see Cam repeating what he did last yr, but who knows, he surpassed expectations last yr. DJax is make or break. Hard to predict what he'll do week in week out. SJax is of course an injury risk but he's still the center of their offense. I would try to find a sleeper TE instead of Pettigrew since you already have Megatron and Titus. Good draft overall.

Please help with mine: viewtopic.php?t=515771
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Irish Drunk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:50 am

I'm liking this team overall. I agree with the guy above me temper expectations on Newton but also know he has a favourable passing schedule. Now if they can get him a 2nd WR that would help. Luck is going to come up with some good games too so I think you are pretty set at QB.
I don't know what to think about Lynch. He's burned me in the past but last year he finally showed his true potential and played at a high level. S Jax worries me a bit because his team is so poor but he is the focal point of the offense. OK backups in McGahee and Helu..........I hate Daniel Thomas he can be dropped if you ask me. RB is average.
You have an all world WR in Megatron. He's in his own tier its just ridiculous. Complemented nicely with Harvin and I assume that is Malcolm Floyd on your bench. If so I think that is a nice option, he should be Rivers go to guy. Lots of upside with DeSean but expect some disappearing acts during the season. Overall WR is solid.
I agree with the other poster you need to review your TE situation. I'd look to move Pettigrew. #1 I"m not high on him. And #2 you already have 2 DET WR's. Not sure your thought process here.
K/DEF - adequate.
Overall a team that is slightly above average with potential to contend given a few tweaks.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Roster Ratings