Auction Draft results - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Auction Draft results

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Draft results

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 am

I just had a 12 team auction draft last night. $200 limit. Missed the beginning and the just about all the "studs". One more thing is that the level of fantasy knowledge in this league ranges from complete n00b (they se the pre-draft rankings and "costs" as a Bible) to near expert. I knew I'd miss part of the draft, so I edited my spending limits on the top guys so that autodraft wouldn't spend half my money on 2 players. It's ESPN, so prices are jacked...Rodgers went for $86.

Topless Tebowners (Oh, the past 2 years I've had Tebow on my team, so I burned a roster spot on him as my "mascot")

Start qb/2rb/2wr/te/flex/hc/k/def/8 bench

Vick (20) Ryan (14) Tebow (3)
DMC (34) Stewart (7) Martin (3) D. Brown (4) Hillis (8)
Julio Jones (19) A. Brown (16) Harvin (15) T. Smith (7) Meachem (7)
Graham (26) Hernandez (3)
PATS HC (1)
SEA D/ST (1)
Gotskowski (13....he was my last pick. I like to spend all my remaining money on my final guy. Feels satisfying)

Draft notes: I was shocked to get Jones so cheap...I got stuck with Vick, I was playing with fire trying to make the other guy pay more...Hillis was the only autodraft...Shocked I got Martin cheap...almost got Benson but a Packers fan payed like 12 for him...

Pass TDs are 4, rush/catch are 6, either return is 8. 5 point bonus for: 300 passing yards/100 rush yards/100 receiving yards. 1 point for every 10 rush/recieving/kick return/punt return yards. point per team win.

I'm currently talking to the owner of FJax about a trade. He needs WRs badly

With the return points, I'm happy about A. Brown and Harvin
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Draft results

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am

Looks pretty solid to me, I don't see an obvious overpay and you had good value in lots of places. Although having $13 on the table for your last pick is auction no no #1!
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

murphysxm wrote:Looks pretty solid to me, I don't see an obvious overpay and you had good value in lots of places. Although having $13 on the table for your last pick is auction no no #1!

Well I definitely didn't plan that. Just about everybody I had on my watch list I got. I had expected Julio to go for more and I didn't think I'd get Doug Martin for only $3. Had I known if end up with so much I would have bought more RBs.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm thinking about starting Hernandez in the TE spot, and using Graham as a FLEX. I don't really have any RBs that will put up great numbers there that would outscore Graham on a consistent basis. You could argue Stew/Brown would be nice there (starting Martin) but Graham would outscore both of them, same with Harvin. Hernandez was the TE3 with this scoring last year by 16, so if he continues to play around that level, I'm matching everyone esle's TEs. Then I have Graham in the FLEX, and nobody has anyone that can compete with that. Just about 10 of the 12 teams have 4 or 5 good players, but then they were forced to fill their roster with $2 players. I see that as giving me a huge advantage in that spot. Unless JStew or D.Brown have career years.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Been talking to the owner of Stafford/Newton about trading for Stafford. Gave him the choice of QBs so he'd have a backup he likes and told him to tell me what else he'd want.

His best WR is Maclin, then T.Young/G.Little/Blackmon
Best RBs are Forte, Gore, then B. Jacobs
TEs are Cook, then Fleener

So he asked for Ryan/Meachem/Hernandez for Stafford/Cook, then I asked him to add Young to make a 3 for 3 swap

thoughts?
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:23 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:Been talking to the owner of Stafford/Newton about trading for Stafford. Gave him the choice of QBs so he'd have a backup he likes and told him to tell me what else he'd want.

So he asked for Ryan/Meachem/Hernandez for Stafford/Cook, then I asked him to add Young to make a 3 for 3 swap

thoughts?

He countered with Little instead of Young. So now its my Ryan/Meachem/Hernandez for Stafford/Cook/Little. I'm thinking about doing it, I get a big upgrade at QB, I still have Graham, and I consider Meachem my 5th best WR (I like Smith more than him and he and Rivers have no real chemistry). I'd rather give him Vick but he wants Matty Ice.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:38 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote:Been talking to the owner of Stafford/Newton about trading for Stafford. Gave him the choice of QBs so he'd have a backup he likes and told him to tell me what else he'd want.

thoughts?

He countered with Little instead of Young. So now its my Ryan/Meachem/Hernandez for Stafford/Cook/Little. I'm thinking about doing it, I get a big upgrade at QB, I still have Graham, and I consider Meachem my 5th best WR (I like Smith more than him and he and Rivers have no real chemistry). I'd rather give him Vick but he wants Matty Ice.

Take it and don't look back. Your overall depth barely takes a hit and you now have one of the best QB's out there. Stafford/Vick is also a good combo to have because they're both very high-reward type players. It's very possible that one booms and the other misses significant time to injury and in that case, you're still set.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby saemick » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Da'Markus Russell wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote:

thoughts?

Take it and don't look back. Your overall depth barely takes a hit and you now have one of the best QB's out there. Stafford/Vick is also a good combo to have because they're both very high-reward type players. It's very possible that one booms and the other misses significant time to injury and in that case, you're still set.

I agree. I like your squad and would defintely make that trade as well. Stafford is gonna put up huge #'s IMO. Also, the only other place I'd try to target is RB. while I like DMC, we KNOW he's gonna get hurt, Stewart is still gonna share with DWil, and while I have high hopes for Martin, I also had high hopes for Mark Ingram last year.

thanks for commenting on my post.
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm

saemick wrote:
Da'Markus Russell wrote:
BurritoBoy wrote:

I agree. I like your squad and would defintely make that trade as well. Stafford is gonna put up huge #'s IMO. Also, the only other place I'd try to target is RB. while I like DMC, we KNOW he's gonna get hurt, Stewart is still gonna share with DWil, and while I have high hopes for Martin, I also had high hopes for Mark Ingram last year.

thanks for commenting on my post.

I always like to bring any major moves to the Cafe, it seriously helps to get extra opinions. I've been liking the trade ever since we started negotiating. I totally agree that I have big weakness at RB, I've been asking around to see what RBs I can get. I know DMC will get hurt. I missed the beginning of the auction, so all the elite RBs were gone when I finally arrived. DMC was like the 20th RB off the board.

Also, Cobb is in the FA as we speak. I'm thinking about dropping Little for Cobb once I do the trade. With the 10 points for return yards and 8 points for return TDs, I like him. If he is able to lock down the WR3 job there, which I like him to do, then he could get some major points.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Jason497 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:45 pm

I think it's a good trade.

Meachem = Little

Stafford > Ryan (upgrades your starters so a +)

Cook < Hernandez (Harvin/Antonio Brown or Donald Brown are your flex, if it was PPR you could make a case for Hernandez but I don't see that listed, so this doesn't effect your starters).

A neutral move, a upgrade at starting QB, and a downgrade at backup TE, the math says it's a good deal to me.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions