Who should I drop for QB? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who should I drop for QB? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I drop for QB? WHIR

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:33 am

10 man PPR. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D, FLEX
6pt all TDs, 5pt bonus for 100yrds rush/rec and 300 passing. 5pt bonus for 40+ TDs. 1pt per 10 return yards!!!! 9pt return yrd TDS!!!

Vick
Foster, Sproles, Martin, D. Brown, Hillis, Rashad Jennings
Harvin, Green, Lloyd, Britt, Randall Cobb
Gresham
Prater
Patriots

As you can see I could REALLY use a back up QB but at this point I'm struggling to figure out who if anyone I should drop. Currently Freeman, Cutler, Palmer, Schaub and Flacco are all on the WW. All of which have the talent to be top 10 QBs. The one guy I'm looking at dropping the most is Jennings b/c I feel that MJD will cave eventually. But I know he will get grabbed up as well as Cobb. I took Cobb in the 11th and half the room groaned. 3 owners have already asked me what it will take for him. Any suggestions would be mightily appreciated.
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I drop for QB? WHIR

Postby riley yorkington » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 am

I'd rush to get Cutler. If you really feel that strongly about any of your positions, I'd drop Prater for your QB and decide later. Instead of dropping someone, I'd try to trade first. MJD owner should definitely want Jennings, and see what you can get for Cobb since he's super valuable in your league.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515757
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Namaste » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Agreed, perfect advice.

If the whole room groaned when Cobb was drafted, trade him now before he doesn't have a catch in one of the first couple weeks and he's on waiver wire.

His talent is great, upside potential, but when is he going to play? Did something change from last year? I'm pretty sure targets in GB will go like this...Jennings, Nelson, Finely, Driver, Jones, some RB, Cobb. Unless I'm missing something.
Namaste
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Namaste wrote:Agreed, perfect advice.

If the whole room groaned when Cobb was drafted, trade him now before he doesn't have a catch in one of the first couple weeks and he's on waiver wire.

His talent is great, upside potential, but when is he going to play? Did something change from last year? I'm pretty sure targets in GB will go like this...Jennings, Nelson, Finely, Driver, Jones, some RB, Cobb. Unless I'm missing something.

The big thing with Cobb is that last year he was our 36th WR being nothing but a Returner for the most part. If he ends up winning the slot job and throws down even 5-600yds and 4-5 scores he's a legit top 15 guy with top 10 potential. But as you both said its purely speculative, he hasn't even won the slot position.
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Namaste » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Guess I'm just not used to playing with return yardage that high.

We used to do return yardage in my longest running league and just felt it benefited the teams with the worst and best defenses too much. You wanted the Kick return from the team that gave up the most points and the punt returner from the best D. It didn't matter who the guys was. Didn't seem like "skill" picking a guy.
Namaste
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Namaste wrote:Guess I'm just not used to playing with return yardage that high.

We used to do return yardage in my longest running league and just felt it benefited the teams with the worst and best defenses too much. You wanted the Kick return from the team that gave up the most points and the punt returner from the best D. It didn't matter who the guys was. Didn't seem like "skill" picking a guy.

Ya leagues were defenses get yardage is dumb imo. We just give individual players the yardage. Kick returners r a nice way to add options to scoring by gambling on them especially as a flex option.
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Like what was said above, since everybody loves Harvin in your league, see what kind of backup QB he could get you. Or Jennings to the MJD owner. Trade first and foremost. If nobody gives you a deal that you like (don't just trade for the sake of trading. I have a guy in a dynasty league who does that and is always near the bottom for the past 4 years. He never actually improves his team.

If you don't get anything in terms of a good trade, I would drop Jennings for Cutler. He's the least likely to contribute to your team (assuming Britt has a short suspension).

viewtopic.php?t=515759
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions