What to do with my 18th and 23rd pick?!!? WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to do with my 18th and 23rd pick?!!? WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do with my 18th and 23rd pick?!!? WHIR!

Postby TheGhost » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

I play in a 10 team, H2H (point based system), PPR. 6 points for rushing and passing TD's. Bonus points for reaching yardage milestones for both rushing and passing. 5 point bonus for reaching 22 rushing attempts.

Rosters look like this: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, TE, K, Def.

I got the 3rd pick in my draft next week and am going to select whoever is left between Ray Rice, Arian Foster or LeSean McCoy. Given position scarcity and my roster positions, what would you do with my 18th and 23rd picks? Obviously I'll go with the flow and hope someone drops to me but does anyone have any general advice?? Wait on a QB? Try and get a good QB and a WR? What positions are deepest this year? Thanks in advance for any advice and I'll try my best to help you in return. WHIR!!!
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do with my 18th and 23rd pick?!!? WHIR!

Postby Namaste » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:54 am

If Stafford or Cam are there, I'd jump on them. Same with Gronk or Jimmy.

Otherwise you just have to go with best player available. Probably a RB in both spots.
Namaste
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with my 18th and 23rd pick?!!? WHIR!

Postby redbeard86 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:33 pm

With 3rd pick Drew Brees could possibly still be there and if not that means Brady or Rodgers are going to be available. I would go ahead and go QB because QBs last year were throwing 5000 yards and but i would see why you would want to go RB as well since there are so many question marks on RB

I agree on 2nd round pick to try and get Stafford or Newton if available, but if not go ahead and get another RB.

Should be able to to get Gronk or Graham with 3rd round. TE is deep but the point value to me after these guys are huge.

WR is crazy deep this year so I would wait on that.
redbeard86
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions