Keeper Pre-Draft Trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Pre-Draft Trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Pre-Draft Trade

Postby jackblack » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

12 Team Keeper league, standard yahoo scoring.

We are allowed 3 keepers. Right now my keepers are:

Fred Jackson - Round 6
Darren Sproles - Round 11
Demarco Murray - Round 13

There's an offer on the table: Eli Manning for either Jackson or Sproles. Currently have Jackson ranked about 5-6 slots higher than Sproles and both Sproles and Jackson ranked about 10 spots higher than Manning. I would also give up a Round 6 pick if I kept Eli (assuming I give up Jackson)

A couple things to note about this. Personally I'm not a fan of Eli but I know he's produced over the years. Not sure if he's elite but he's on that second tier. To complicate matters, I pick 11 out of 12, and with keepers, 2 of the top 12 are already gone from the pool, and I'm not confident that Brees or Brady could slide down to me. The positive is I believe that 2 of the picks ahead of me will be keeping QB's so it potentially takes that chance away. The other kicker is if I decide to trade Sprolesfor manning and keep Jackson, I would end up giving up a 5th and 6th round pick (eli and Jackson). Again Eli rated at around 50th overall so he's an early 5th round pick (which would still be a higher value on my board) but not as good as keeping Jackson and Sproles.
jackblack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Pre-Draft Trade

Postby dagnuk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I like Eli, but you'd be keeping him in the round you could draft he, or a comparable QB. I'd stick with your keepers for now.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions