How to Rank the Top 15 Players combined - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How to Rank the Top 15 Players combined

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to Rank the Top 15 Players combined

Postby ravendan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm

This year seems to be the cloudiest in all my years of playing fantasy football to determine the top 15 players. Where do you draw the line between RB's (the worst case of scarcity for any position in memory) QB's(may be a sure thing for the top 3, but the next 9 guys could close the gap between them), WR(Megatron season has never been duplicated , and this is the deepest group of WR's ever). Where does Graham fit in? How far ahead of the Gronk could he finnish? I am putting up my personal combined rankings, but I would love to see other's thoughts on this group as a whole and where to draw the lines between positons...(assuming PPR)

1. Foster
2. Rice
3. McCoy
4. McFadden
5. Chris Johnson
6. Graham
7. Brady
8. Forte
9. Murray
10.Calvin Johnson
11. Rodgers
12. Martin
13. Brees
14. Fitzgerald
15. Jones Drew
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How to Rank the Top 15 Players combined

Postby benb18a » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I agree with the ordering of the QBs. I believe Brady has even more weapons than the rest of the Big Three, and has the top QB year this year. He doesn't have the coaching/play calling issues that Brady has, or the O-line issues of Rodgers.

But as far as the first 1.5 rounds in PPR, I think the first half of round 1 is Big Three RBs, then CJ2K or Megatron, then Brady, then Fitz/Jul-aid then some order of Forte/McFadden/Graham/Rodgers to finish out the first round. Then to start the second you'd go with the top RBs left, probably MJD (if you are a risk taker) and Murray if you didn't get a RB in round one, then Gronk, and Roddy/Marshall/AJ and then Brees goes somewhere in the mid-2nd.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dirt McGirt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 am

I think we are going to see a run on pass catchers in round 2 like we have never seen before. In my mind I have 8 RBS foster/rr/mccoy/cj/dmc/mjd/forte/lynch and then after that there are about a dozen pass catchers Fitz --- V. Cruz I will go after before touching the 9th rb (d murrary) --mathews could be tossed in there too i guess pending on health status.

Rank of said pass catchers
2. Fitz
3. Graham
4. gronk
5. andre
6. gennings
7. welker
8. julio
9. aj
10.nicks
11. roddy
12. vic cruz

Would you take murray over any of those guys? if you answer no then your strategy will look alot like mine.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ravendan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 pm

Well in my mind I put Murray in that top group instead of Lynch... other than that, I think we have a similar strategy with these guys...
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Return to Football Talk