Keeper help please pick 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper help please pick 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper help please pick 3

Postby Maury » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:13 pm

12 team league standard scoring.

I can keep 3 players but I lose the draft pick in the round they are projected to go in. So if they are projected 12th pick I can't draft in the first round. I am drafting in the 6th spot.

I have
Aaron Rodgers (1st round projected)
DeMarco Murray (2nd round projected)
Julio Jones (3rd round)
Jordy Nelson (4th round)
Dez Bryant (4th round)
Shonn Greene (5th round)
Vernon Davis (7th round)
David Ackers (12th round)
Maury
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper help please pick 3

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Hmm this is tough. I say keep Aaron Rodgers for sure. That's like drafting him at 6 instead of top 3 or 4, where he usually goes.

Second guy I say Julio Jones. A lot of people are high on him to be the WR2 this year. I wouldn't put him that high, but I do like him.

Last guy, I would probably say Vernon Davis. Yes Davis, hear me out. I would never keep a kicker, so Akers is out. Hate Green, so I eliminate him. I always try to get 2 RBs in the top 4 rounds unless amazing value at QB/WR/TE fall to me. So for those reasons Jordy and Dez are out (didn't like Dez anyways). I would want to still be able to make my own picks at least once in the top 3 rounds, so I rule out Murray. However, he is the hardest to eliminate for me, just because RBs are rare so by passing on keeping him, you are risking not getting someone of his calliber. But since if you keep someone, they are kept in their projected round, that leads me to believe that people won't be getting crazy steals, so that Murray or someone of his calliber will be there anyways.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby etl1692 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:47 pm

I'am definitely agreeing with keeping Rodgers. Really no brainer there..... Julio Jones as a 3rd rounder is tough. Now Dezzy sitting at round 4 is not terrible. Only reason why I say this is he will be targeted a lot more (pending injuries). Miles Austin is a little banged up, Witten is hurt, so Dallas is really looking for Dez to shine. He will break out either this year or next year. Most likely this year in my opinion (IF PEOPLE STAY HEALTHY). Cowboys have been doing a lot to protect romo, and are doing everything they can to make that interior O-line strong. Vernon Davis to me is a very risky pick...

Rodgers (100% keeper)
Murray (love him but not at 2nd round)
Julio Jones (3rd rounder, not terrible)
Dez (4th round, I would say will produce same numbers if not better than Julio this year (if he can stay healthy) And at 4th round which seems about right. Taking Dez at round 4 means you can then draft a WR/RB combo at rounds #2 and #3)

I'm a cowboys fan if u want to take that into consideration ;-D , but that also means I have been watching this team veryy closely. And have a very good idea where this team is at this point.
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby etl1692 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Scratch everything i just said..........

Dez down with knee injury!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@$#@%%%%%%%%%%%%%%$@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Maury » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:21 pm

This is the first year our league is going keeper from here on out. I have never done keeper before. So I'm thinking Julio has the brighter future over Dez and Jordy. Should I be thinking about the future? Or more just this year? And I'm really tempted to keep Jordy, Julio, and Rodgers. I think Murray will be there in the 2nd round at worst. And possibly a better RB than him. Keeping Vernon would be nice for the draft pick. But he really isn't that great long term, right? Or keep Murray instead of Jordy, have a hopefully solid starting RB, QB, and WR. Then Pick best non QB in the 4th. It really sucks not knowing who will be available. I guess that adds to the fun. And what do you guys think about matching up Rodgers with Jordy? Should I factor that in much? If they have a big day that would go a long ways, right? Edit= And Ackers will be projected as last round pick. That's the only reason I put him down. Seems like that would be the best value pick. He had a great year last year. I know Kickers who cares. But with this system it really doesn't seem that bad of a move does it?
Maury
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby da bears » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:26 pm

I would go with Rodgers, Julio, and Jordy. There will be a solid RB available in round 2 for you and this way at least you are starting with 3 solid starters, I don't think Murray is worth a 2nd round pick as I think that team is in for a very long season.

lil help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=515802
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Maury » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Anyone else?
Maury