Lynch, Murrey, SJax, T-Rich or Mathews? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Lynch, Murrey, SJax, T-Rich or Mathews?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lynch, Murrey, SJax, T-Rich or Mathews?

Postby Chibears » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:23 pm

OK guys and gals,

12 team CBS league. Draft is tomorrow night.Standard scoring - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K and 1D. Non-PPR league. Drafting 12th and then wrapping back around so get 13th pick and then not again till 36th and 37th. I ALWAYS go RB in round one, especially this year...if not, your risking a starting backfield of Bradshaw and Sproles or something like that. Not bad but not near as good as going RB 1st and then grabbing part of the HUGE depth at WR this year 2nd and even 3rd. Thinking Foster, Rice, McCoy, CJ2K, DMac and MJD will all go in top 11 picks before mine. The big three QB's and Megatron take things to my pick at 12. Got a mancrush on Julio Jones and locked in on him at 13 but thinking when it comes to my 12th pick, I'm looking at the likes of Lynch, Murrey, SJax and T-Rich. I'm also assuming that Ryan Mathews will still be there. Do I roll the dice with him as my top pick this year or play it safe and go with one of the other 4, knowing all 5 listed will be gone by my 3rd pick. If you like one of the 4 (not Mathews), pls rank them for me.

Thanks ahead of time! :) Leave a link if interested in my humble opinion with your fantasy issues.
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lynch, Murrey, SJax, T-Rich or Mathews?

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm

I would go with Jamaal Charles over those players. I am not worried about Hillis taking some of his touches because he has a 6.1 career average. He never relied on touchdowns either having only 5 in 2010. I rank them...
Charles
Mathews
Lynch
T-Rich
Murray
S-Jax
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would go with Jamaal Charles over those players. I am not worried about Hillis taking some of his touches because he has a 6.1 career average. He never relied on touchdowns either having only 5 in 2010. I rank them...
Charles
Mathews
Lynch
T-Rich
Murray
S-Jax

I second this, Charles has moved up in ADP and I trust him over the RBs mentioned. KC has openly admitted to wanting to run 500 times this season and I believe the Charles/Hillis tandem will thrive behind a strong O-Line. It's also possible MJD falls to you, so I wouldn't rule that out.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

I think that SJax has one last top year in him, and he should have some help with Pead at RB to take some of the pressure off of him. I'd put Lynch right behind him, Richardson and Murray. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515815
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Chibears » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Draft in an hour...any other opinions guys and gals? :) Again, thanks ahead of time and leave your link...I'll get back to you after my draft! :)
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions