8th Pick Strategy? (I'll Help You) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

8th Pick Strategy? (I'll Help You)

Moderator: Football Moderators

8th Pick Strategy? (I'll Help You)

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

10-team, NON-PPR, standard scoring.

I realize all drafts are different and there are no set strategies. However, I'm curious as to what has worked best for those of you who drafted 8th in 10 team redraft leagues, as to whom you picked in first two rounds?

Leave a link.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 8th Pick Strategy? (I'll Help You)

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 pm

At 8 I'd target a Brees/CJ2K, since I feel those two are the last of the "elite" players left (I'd prefer Brees). 13th is a lot trickier since the talent level really drops at the end of the 1st. I like Forte around that spot, but if he's not there, I'd probably go with a TE/RB such as Gronk or Charles. I tend to stay away from WR's with my first few picks because I believe they are the easiest to find near the middle of the draft whereas the talent at all other positions has dropped significantly.

viewtopic.php?t=515785 Thanks
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 pm

I never try to have a set strategy going into drafts. Basically you never know who will slide, who will over draft another player, so I like to have my players pre ranked and simply take the best player available. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515735
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:10 pm

dblj9911 wrote:I never try to have a set strategy going into drafts. Basically you never know who will slide, who will over draft another player, so I like to have my players pre ranked and simply take the best player available. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515735

Thanks. I do too. What I'm asking for though is info from people who drafted 8th as to what worked or did not work for them.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm not so sure CJ4.24 will fall to you at 8, odds are he won't (he goes at 6 on average). Since this is non-ppr, grabbing one of the elite QBs is a pretty good idea although I believe they're over valued this year. According to fantasyfootballcalculator, DMC falls at 8, Brees at 9. I would go Brees. The comeback is a tough one. In that spot, Forte, Murray, MJD, Charles, Lynch and Sjax are commonly available. Out of this group I'm very low on Forte/Charles in non-ppr formats, especially Forte who will not sniff the GL this year. I'd feel safer with MJD/Lynch, especially MJD if he reports back to camp soon due to the TD potential. Hope this helps.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions