Pick 11/12!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Pick 11/12!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick 11/12!!!!!

Postby DuhToi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Ok, I've got the 11th pick in my 12-man standard league snake draft. Starting lineups are 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, FLEX WR/TE, D/ST, and K. Rush/Rec/Def TDs are 6 pts and Pass TDs are 4. I feel kind of lost this year, considering that the RB pool is very thin after the top 3 or 4. Do I want to draft a guy like Matt Forte or Demarco Murray with my first or second pick or reach for a complete stud at a different position (Gronk)? I just feel like the value for my first two picks is not near what it would normally be, at least in my fantasy football experience. Any suggestions or advice? WHIR.
Last edited by DuhToi on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DuhToi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick 11/12!!!!!

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14 pm

You're right it isn't, I don't envy people in positions 10/11/12 this year, its quite confusing. My advice is simply going to be to go with Brees in the first round and Jamaal Charles, MJD or Julio Jones on the comeback. I don't like Forte or Murray for various reasons this year and think you'll be able to find the same RB value in the 2nd round. For the record I dislike Murray much more than Forte.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby DuhToi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am

I don't see Brees falling anywhere near 11th. I'm gonna be stuck with reaching for a RB or taking someone like Mike Wallace or Larry Fitzgerald. I just don't see any way around this. Boooo!
DuhToi
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Namaste » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

There's now way you're stuck taking Wallace or Fitz, there's just too many guys in front of them.

Target the best player available at 11 and you'll be fine.

Graham is a great option almost sure to be there.
Stafford is possibility if you want to go QB.
And personally, I think RB in that spot isn't so bad with any of CJ, Murray, MJD.

Not sure why SameSongNDance is so down on Murray. All the passing options are hurt, the line can't pass protect, all they did was win while Murray was healthy and getting fed the rock. Nothing's a guarantee, but Murray has all the right things in place to be good (young, clearly #1 back, passing threats so teams can't stack the box, etc).
Namaste
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Namaste wrote:There's now way you're stuck taking Wallace or Fitz, there's just too many guys in front of them.

Target the best player available at 11 and you'll be fine.

Graham is a great option almost sure to be there.
Stafford is possibility if you want to go QB.
And personally, I think RB in that spot isn't so bad with any of CJ, Murray, MJD.

Not sure why SameSongNDance is so down on Murray. All the passing options are hurt, the line can't pass protect, all they did was win while Murray was healthy and getting fed the rock. Nothing's a guarantee, but Murray has all the right things in place to be good (young, clearly #1 back, passing threats so teams can't stack the box, etc).

He couldn't stay healthy in college and couldn't stay healthy in his first season in the NFL. There are huge injury concerns surrounding him and he's still rather unproven for a 1rst rounder. He's like a less proven DMC with less upside.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby latraffic » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

With the crazy trend this season for people to draft QBs in the first round, I wouldn't panic yet. I have mocked it with a late pick a couple times now and I've seen quality RBs still available. Even if you just look at ADP, you can expect to get someone like MJD or Murray (I personally think he is aligned to kick ass this season), I even got McFadden in one draft. Go mock it, test your strategy. That will give you the best sense of what you can expect and you can adjust before the big day.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Almost ALL RBs after the top 3 have questions. JChaz, MJD, AP, DMC, Murray, Forte, Matthews ect... It's worth the risk IMO. WR and QB are so deep this year. I took Murray and Matthews as 1.10 and 2.03 in my draft and feel comfortable. You are still able to get GREAT QBs and WRs in rounds 4-8 and the RBs that will be left will be slim with not much upside, most being hancuffs or RBBC. Take your chances with a couple RBs IMO. I couldnt argue with taking Stafford or Gronk or Graham at 2.02.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 pm

DuhToi wrote:I don't see Brees falling anywhere near 11th. I'm gonna be stuck with reaching for a RB or taking someone like Mike Wallace or Larry Fitzgerald. I just don't see any way around this. Boooo!

Brees is falling to 2.01 on here http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp_ppr.php. Wallace is falling to 5.08 haha.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 pm

In my 4 drafts I have done this year so far Brees has not made it out of the 1st and Wallace is going in the 2nd.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Stevooo wrote:In my 4 drafts I have done this year so far Brees has not made it out of the 1st and Wallace is going in the 2nd.

When did these drafts take place? There are a good 15 WRs that people are commonly taking before Wallace for good reason. Only Fitz and Julio should be going in the 2nd of most formats. That really makes zero sense. As for Brees, depends if the league is QB hungry or not.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions