Keeper question: Chris Johnson or Jimmy Graham (whir) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper question: Chris Johnson or Jimmy Graham (whir)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper question: Chris Johnson or Jimmy Graham (whir)

Postby Turning » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey so I have a keeper dilemma for a league drafting on Sunday evening. My 12-team league allows two keepers at different positions. One of my keepers will be Calvin Johnson. For the past few years the other has been Chris Johnson, but this year I am considering switching it to Jimmy Graham. My draft position is 7th, so there is the possibility of getting either of them at that spot. It's .25PPR.

Also there is the possibility of trading with other teams for draft pick swaps. Besides the players mentioned only Julio Jones might garner any interest in that regard. I am looking for suggestions regarding who to keep and who to trade, with an eye to the possibility of drafting either with the 7th pick and if people think that will be possible. Thanks in advance!
Turning
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper question: Chris Johnson or Jimmy Graham (whir)

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:19 pm

Tough one. Chris Johnson seems due for a bounce-back season, and who could forget the potential the guy has to dominate fantasy scoring. But the titans have a very tough schedule against run defenses.

Jimmy Graham is arguably the no. 1 TE in fantasy, though. He gets a ton of targets, is a favorite red-zone target for a team that passes in the red zone at a high percentage, and he's so new to football that it's hard to imagine he won't have a growth curve that would lead to more production. LBs are not fast enough to cover him, and safeties are not big enough to guard him. Graham is a matchup nightmare, and one of the more unique ones in the NFL.

IMO, there's more upside potential with Johnson, because he could possibly rise up past the 1500-total yard mark, and he gets all the goal line work as well. But Graham is still very likely to be productive with less bust potential. He probably won't exceed las season's production by too much in a best case scenario, but it doesn't seem likely he'll fall too far short of it either, unless he's injured.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Re: Keeper question: Chris Johnson or Jimmy Graham (whir)

Postby ftandiama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 am

Turning wrote:Hey so I have a keeper dilemma for a league drafting on Sunday evening. My 12-team league allows two keepers at different positions. One of my keepers will be Calvin Johnson. For the past few years the other has been Chris Johnson, but this year I am considering switching it to Jimmy Graham. My draft position is 7th, so there is the possibility of getting either of them at that spot. It's .25PPR.

Also there is the possibility of trading with other teams for draft pick swaps. Besides the players mentioned only Julio Jones might garner any interest in that regard. I am looking for suggestions regarding who to keep and who to trade, with an eye to the possibility of drafting either with the 7th pick and if people think that will be possible. Thanks in advance!

I say you keep Graham being that you're in the 7th position in your draft, you should be able to get Chris Johnson back.

please help me out with mine:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=515830
ftandiama
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions