Need Help With Draft strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Help With Draft strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Help With Draft strategy

Postby bandoogie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 pm

So I'm in a 12 team .5ppr 6pt pass,run,rec td league. I need help with my draft strategy. I was originally gonna pick McCoy with the 3rd pick, but after looking at the pt totals from last year, I saw Brady(3rd best QB) had 100+more than Rice(top RB). So I'm now leaning one of the top 3 QBs. I know some of you will disagree with this and I'm open to your opinions. But also, please mention for argument's sake I go with a top QB in round 1, what should my strategy be going forward? In all the mocks I've done so far, I keep missing Graham in the second round, so I take Julio Jones with my 2nd pick and Fred Jackson with my 3rd pick. Then I go back to a WR in my 4th and try for Hernandez or Gates in the 5th which I keep missing as well. Should I consider trying to trade my draft position and move down a little so I can still nab one of the top QBs and have a better shot at Graham in the 2nd rd? Or should I take Gronk in the second if he's there? Thanks for any suggestions.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Help With Draft strategy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm

bandoogie wrote:So I'm in a 12 team .5ppr 6pt pass,run,rec td league. I need help with my draft strategy. I was originally gonna pick McCoy with the 3rd pick, but after looking at the pt totals from last year, I saw Brady(3rd best QB) had 100+more than Rice(top RB). So I'm now leaning one of the top 3 QBs. I know some of you will disagree with this and I'm open to your opinions. But also, please mention for argument's sake I go with a top QB in round 1, what should my strategy be going forward? In all the mocks I've done so far, I keep missing Graham in the second round, so I take Julio Jones with my 2nd pick and Fred Jackson with my 3rd pick. Then I go back to a WR in my 4th and try for Hernandez or Gates in the 5th which I keep missing as well. Should I consider trying to trade my draft position and move down a little so I can still nab one of the top QBs and have a better shot at Graham in the 2nd rd? Or should I take Gronk in the second if he's there? Thanks for any suggestions.

I would grab McCoy or whatever of the top 3 rb's fall to you. If you dont you will suck at RB which you cant get in the 5th and 6th round like you can Eli, Romo, Vick, Ryan, etc.

If it comes back to you and Stafford is available who put up about the same numbers as Brady I would take him. WR's are the deepest position this year and solid value can be had in rounds 3-6

If you do go with a top QB I would first trade down in the draft to like 7 so you can get the same guy then get a somewhat decent RB in rd 2. Picking Brady with the 3rd pick would be devastating in my opinion. Ive only gone QB in the first round once since 1996. This year I am in a league that gives a point per 5 completions so it makes the QB a lot more valuable.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions