Better Keeper, AP or Trent Richardard??? 100% WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Better Keeper, AP or Trent Richardard??? 100% WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better Keeper, AP or Trent Richardard??? 100% WHIR

Postby ftandiama » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:33 am

Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well. I just need some advice and who to take with my 2nd round pick in my 12-team Keeper League where you have the option of starting 2 QBs.

I have the 3rd pick in the 2nd round and am looking to take a running back. I am debating between Adrian Peterson or Trent Richardson. Who do you guys think will be the better pick at the 3rd pick of the 2nd round, and who will became the better keeper option of the future?

Thank you for you advice, comments, and suggestions in advance. Leave a link, 100% WHIR.
ftandiama
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better Keeper, AP or Trent Richardard??? 100% WHIR

Postby VIKINGFAN » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:06 am

Thats a tough call.....As AP is coming back from a serious injury and it might take 5-6 games for him to hit his stride, and Richardson is already off to a slow start with injuries in camp.

If you already have a solid RB kept (seeing as its a keeper league) then I think you can take the gamble and draft PETERSON.
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:18 am

Depends on who you have already. If your RB1 is one of the big 3 or 4 (Rice/McCoy/Foster/MJD) I'd say go for Richardson simply because of the future upside. Of course, he may continue to get hurt all the time and be a huge wash-out. If your RB1 is another one of the many ?s this year, maybe hedge your bets by getting 2 (I have, on one team, Jamaal Charles and DMac for instance. I figure one of them will be a #1 even if the other stays gimpy) Peterson is probably gonna be seriously limited the first several weeks at least, but will probably be quality by the end of the season, but I'd be comfortable pairing him with say CJ0K, Jamaal, DMac, Murray or someone like that and hope at least one of them is a stud. AP is more of a short-term solution for this years playoffs IMO, Richardson is more of a long-term gamble with a larger potential pay-off for the next several years. Hope that helps, good luck! ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Turning » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Although it would be helpful to know more about your team, I mostly agree with monkiesatemybaby. AP seems to take a lot of hits, and as much as I'd like to think he will return to form, his was a serious injury. TR has the talent but the team that surrounds him is more suspect. I'd tend to go for the long-term gamble of TR and hope the Browns build around him.
Turning
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby babiiverson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:38 pm

I think I'd go with AP here. I don't think he'll be a big factor this year(maybe late for fantasy playoffs) but when the passing offense progresses in years to come and AP is back fully healthy(one of a kind protoplasm) then he could very well be a top 3 RB again in future years. Browns offense is still suspect and will see just as many stacked boxes as AP, they have a better OL but Vikes did just draft Kalil.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515880&p=3440159#p3440159

Thanks!
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Remotethumb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:16 pm

What's your scoring? You can start 2 QBs?

Who are your QBs? And what QBs are available?

How many can you keep? Who do you have on your team?
Remotethumb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby da bears » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:04 pm

I'd go with Richardson here. Guy is very talented 3 down back who is just starting his career oppose to AP where who knows if he falls off after blowing out his knee and he already wasn't the greatest pass catcher. Richardson can do it all man.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

da bears wrote:I'd go with Richardson here. Guy is very talented 3 down back who is just starting his career oppose to AP where who knows if he falls off after blowing out his knee and he already wasn't the greatest pass catcher. Richardson can do it all man.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I'm usually in the camp of "keep whoever helps you win THIS year" but since we don't even know what AP is capable of yet, and we won't know until the regular season starts, I think you have to go with Trich.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions