Who to pick at #4 of keeper league? AP? T jax? Andre? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to pick at #4 of keeper league? AP? T jax? Andre? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to pick at #4 of keeper league? AP? T jax? Andre? WHIR

Postby suki7474 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:09 am

Im in a 12 team keeper league. Most teams keep 3 players so essentially we are drafting in the 4th round. The top players that are available are Calvin Johnson, Brady, Adrian Peterson, Trent Richardson, Andre Johnson, Wes welker.Roddy White, Jennings, Ahmad Bradshaw.
I am drafting 4th overall, Im thinking Calvin, Brady and either AP or Andre Johnson will be picked before me. Who would you draft? Ap, Andre or Trent Richardson? If i draft Andre, I may be able to get a Dough Martin or Turner in the second round. If I draft Ap or Trent Richardson, I may be able to get Maclin or Colston in the next round. Running backs are thin this year so Im thinking I should go RB but I am a little hesitant about Ap and Richardson health.

.5 ppr 6 pts all tds.

I only have one Keeper in Drew Brees because my other keeper options were horrible. Will WHIR!!
suki7474
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to pick at #4 of keeper league? AP? T jax? Andre? WH

Postby Namaste » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 am

I'd go Richardson. Especially hearing this morning that the team will not play AP this week so he's going to be a complete question mark coming into the season.

Richardson's knee was a clean-out procedure. I know it's still surgery, but jeez people are over reacting.

I remember Marshall Faulk getting his knee scoped right before the season, and then during the season, never missing a game and ending #1 at RB. That was year's ago and the surgeries are even better now. A clean-out procedure is not that serious.
Namaste
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby srlarson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 am

first question who are your three keepers?

Not knowing, I agree take a RB.....me I take AP, but could argue Richardson.....Look at the vikes schedule much easier than the Browns....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby suki7474 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 am

I only have 1 keeper in Brees. I only chose to keep one player because my other potential keepers weren't worth keeping. Another reason why I didnt keep anyone else is that we have a draft value system. If a player is drafted in round 1 this year, you will lose a first round next year if you want to keep him. If you wanted to keep a player drafted in the 5th round this year, you would lose a 5th next year. We get 3 draft value points each year to add to players on our team.

I added all my points to brees so I lose a 6th round pick this year. I will get an extra 2 points for only keeping one guy so I will have 5 points to use instead of 3.
suki7474
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions