Live in person Draft Day ideas... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Live in person Draft Day ideas...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live in person Draft Day ideas...

Postby jeff7602 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm starting a league with a bunch of friends this year and we are doing a live in person draft. I want to make the draft day experience as fun and cool as possible. What kinds of things or ideas do you guys have to make the draft day fun?

One of the guys in our league works does graphic design for a printing company, so he created and printed a huge draft board and player cards. We also have a league banner with our league logo on it. We made cool looking championship belt which we are going to put on display in the middle of the draft board. We are planning on having food. But I'm looking for other ideas to make the day more memorable and fun. Music/playlist ideas for down time? Let me know what you guys have done that's worked and been fun...or what you think would be fun.
jeff7602
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Live in person Draft Day ideas...

Postby ShaneDav122 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Beer...and lots of it
ShaneDav122
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kelostd » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:13 am

I second the beer idea. You could also throw in a mandatory shot in certain rounds (odds and evens, prime number, or seventh round stretch). Did that at a draft a few times and hilarity ensued!
kelostd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 15)

Postby bjoliva » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:06 am

Lots of food. My league always does a potluck.

And yes, beer. Pong.

Shi* talking and pick ridiculing is encouraged. Ooo and counting down the seconds until a guy's timer is up, that's always fun. We've seen some hilarious picks made under extreme duress. hahaha

Post the league standings from the year before, that always gets people fired up.
bjoliva
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner