12 Team PPR $$$ League - Need advice/rating - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team PPR $$$ League - Need advice/rating

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team PPR $$$ League - Need advice/rating

Postby JG757 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 pm

So I've made a series of trades (6-7) where I've cleared a lot of my bench depth for premium talent and here is what my current roster looks like:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: A.J. Green
WR: Julio Jones
TE: Antonio Gates
FLEX: Hakeem Nicks
D/ST: Eagles
K: Stephen Gostkowski

On paper, my starters look like they'll beat anyone in the league but my bench is very, very thin:

BN: Kyle Rudolph
BN: Randall Cobb
BN: Terrell Owens
BN: Mark Ingram
BN: Alex Green
BN: (Empty)

The last slot is empty right now because the last trade (I gave Lynch/Heyward-Bey for Julio Jones) hasn't processed yet. First off, how would you rate this team? Second... where would you look to bulk up and who would you give up to do that?

Thanks.
JG757
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team PPR $$$ League - Need advice/rating

Postby ShaneDav122 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm

I think your team is quite a gamble, could be a powerhouse, could flop. Lots of questions: Newton and Green sophmore slumps? Richardson rookie RB? Gates health? Terell Owens (need I say more)? haha
ShaneDav122
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team PPR $$$ League - Need advice/rating

Postby JEA2880 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm

I'd try and deal Newton while his value is still high for a more reliable veteran QB and maybe another piece (maybe a Matt Ryan or Eli Manning and a Ryan Williams type young RB for Cam?) - I'm definitely feeling a sophomore slump at least production wise, especially when you consider how many RB's are in the fold (DeAngelo, Stewart, and now Tolbert at FB to vulture TD's).

The rest of the team is pretty nasty though, although, like was already mentioned, Richardson is high risk, high reward.
JEA2880
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings