Jaguars
Eagles
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I accept this trade?

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Yes, there's no reason to carry two TEs with you only being allowed to start one on any given week. Currently your RB depth is a little shaky and Hillis greatly improves it. If however you could move Hernandez for an even larger upgrade at RB I'd look into doing that as well. Either way it's a win win.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bearsfan012512 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Yes, there's no reason to carry two TEs with you only being allowed to start one on any given week. Currently your RB depth is a little shaky and Hillis greatly improves it. If however you could move Hernandez for an even larger upgrade at RB I'd look into doing that as well. Either way it's a win win.

How good of a RB do you think I could get for Hernandez?
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Ya know what's funny, the most comparable RB ADP wise to Hernandez in a 10-teamer (is this ppr or standard?) is in fact Peyton Hillis. Other RBs in and around that position include McGahee, Bush and D.Brown. I think you'd probably having a tough time trading Hernandez for any RB going in the couple rounds before him (3/4/5), but if one dude was willing to give you Hillis (6.05) Davis (10.04), then it's worth a shot. You could possibly target Doug Martin or Bradshaw. I wouldn't touch Gore.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bearsfan012512 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:22 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Ya know what's funny, the most comparable RB ADP wise to Hernandez in a 10-teamer (is this ppr or standard?) is in fact Peyton Hillis. Other RBs in and around that position include McGahee, Bush and D.Brown. I think you'd probably having a tough time trading Hernandez for any RB going in the couple rounds before him (3/4/5), but if one dude was willing to give you Hillis (6.05) Davis (10.04), then it's worth a shot. You could possibly target Doug Martin or Bradshaw. I wouldn't touch Gore.

It is PPR but yea none of those RB sound like they are worth giving up the #3 TE to me. Sounds like Hillis for Davis is worth it
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 pm

bearsfan012512 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:Ya know what's funny, the most comparable RB ADP wise to Hernandez in a 10-teamer (is this ppr or standard?) is in fact Peyton Hillis. Other RBs in and around that position include McGahee, Bush and D.Brown. I think you'd probably having a tough time trading Hernandez for any RB going in the couple rounds before him (3/4/5), but if one dude was willing to give you Hillis (6.05) Davis (10.04), then it's worth a shot. You could possibly target Doug Martin or Bradshaw. I wouldn't touch Gore.

It is PPR but yea none of those RB sound like they are worth giving up the #3 TE to me. Sounds like Hillis for Davis is worth it

#4 TE but you're right.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby colveraki » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

I would do this trade. I am not high on Davis this year. Think he will be playing blocker more than release valve for RGIII
colveraki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm

colveraki wrote:I would do this trade. I am not high on Davis this year. Think he will be playing blocker more than release valve for RGIII

He's also reportedly looked underwhelming in camp.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bearsfan012512 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
colveraki wrote:I would do this trade. I am not high on Davis this year. Think he will be playing blocker more than release valve for RGIII

Okay so if i make the trade i am going to pick up Greg Olsen as my backup TE I think and drop either Lance Moore or James Starks....Opinions?
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 pm

bearsfan012512 wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

Okay so if i make the trade i am going to pick up Greg Olsen as my backup TE I think and drop either Lance Moore or James Starks....Opinions?

Drop Starks. Recent news on Olsen..

Coach Ron Rivera believes "it's possible" that TE Greg Olsen could put up numbers similar to Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham.
"This will be his first real opportunity with us to step up and be the starting tight end and be the guy," said Rivera. "You watch him catch footballs and you watch him run routes and you see those traits that say you can fit right into that group. We're excited about it." Olsen combined with Jeremy Shockey for 82 catches and 995 yards last season. Shockey is no longer on the roster. Olsen's fantasy stock has been on the rise in the Rotoworld Draft guide.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions