Please rate!! Will help in return! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please rate!! Will help in return!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please rate!! Will help in return!

Postby RC7112 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm

12 Team, standard scoring non-PPR, QB RB RB FLEX WR WR TE DEF K (TE Can be used in FLEX)...Just drafted - had the 4th pick:

QB: Peyton Manning, Josh Freeman
RB: LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Toby Gerhart, Pierre Thomas, Rashard Mendenhall
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston, Antonio Brown, Kenny Britt
TE: Jacob Tamme, Brent Celek
DEF: Green Bay
K: Rob Bironas

There was a huge rush on QBs and TEs early - so I was able to get Sproles, Brown, and Fitzgerald later than usual - but I'm left a little thin at TE. Also grabbed Thomas, Mendenhall, and Britt late, because I didn't like anyone else on the board and I guess I'm sort of hoping there's something left in the tank/can bounce back later in the season from injury.

Any thoughts or suggestions out there? Will offer up my comments to your questions, just leave a link.

Thanks
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please rate!! Will help in return!

Postby RC7112 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 am

anyone?
RC7112
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:31 am

QB - I like but not thrilled. Freeman holds upside but not looking so great so far in pre-season.

RB - Very deep and the strength of the roster. I don't think AP will be ready so Gerhart can be useful at beginning of season. I'm stil a believer in Pierre Thomas and Mendenhall is a better RB than Redman and all signs point to a quicker than normal return to action.

WR - Britt will be suspended for how long we dont know. A great value pick late though. Colston could have best year and Fitz is still elite. Brown looks good and seems to be a fav target for Big Ben. Solid overall.

TE - Adequate nothing outstanding here.

DEF - As a Packer fan I continue to hope for progression of Burnett, Williams as ball hawks in the secondary. Perry should improve the pass rush but losing Bishop was huge. Cobb will return at least 4 kicks/punts for TD's in 2012 bank on it. I have GB as 5th on my list.

K - I have Bironas around 8th overall.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirty T » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm

your RB's are your best bet. Gerhart might be your secret weapon as i have no faith in AP. i do not like your QB's that much, i think that Freeman has peaked and Peyton is old and rusty(although Peyton might shock the fantasy world). your WR's are going to rely on if Fitz gets the ball and if Brees likes colston. And again two studs at RB.
Dirty T
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 6)

Postby shoof08 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

QB is a question mark with Peyton. Freeman could step up this year now that he has Jackson. Tamme could be a sleeper depending on how he meshes with Luck, Celek could see a resurgence of 2 years ago. You are VERY deep at RB, so much so that'd I'd look to trade 1 or 2 and see if you can get an upgrade at any other position.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516001
shoof08
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings