Tier 3 RB to Target in Keeper Draft? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Tier 3 RB to Target in Keeper Draft? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tier 3 RB to Target in Keeper Draft? WHIR

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:40 am

Hey guys,

I'm in a standard scoring yardage keeper league with a twist. We keep 5 veterans and 2 rookies from the 5 rd. Rookie draft we do each year. In other words, we keep 7 players total, and round 1 is like round 8 in a conventional redraft. So the pool is pretty empty. Richardson, etc. are not an option because we already did the rookie draft. I have the No. 3 overall pick so I'm fairly certain I can get one of the RBs below.

Out of the following RBs who would you take?

Jamal Charles (I'm almost 100% sure he will be the 1st overall pick)
Amhad Bradshaw (short term answer)
Benjarvis Green-Ellis (Opportunity knocks)
Cedric Benson (How much gas is left in the tank and will GB run?)
Reggie Bush (how long til he’s injured?)
Michael Turner (ready to fall off the cliff)

4th Tier
Beanie Wells (ARZ is waiting for the ascension of Ryan Williams too)
Ben Tate (pray for a Foster injury)
C. J. Spiller (is this the year?)
DeAngelo Williams (not sure I’d trust him to be healthy or productive in a crowded backfield)

And perhaps for a round or 2 later I’m targeting
Jaquizz Rodgers (Turner’s gonna fizzle sometime)
Rashad Jennings (MJD insurance)
Donald Brown
Daniel Thomas (Bush insurance but he hasn’t been that great)

I already have MJD (who’s making me more nervous by the day), and Gore (who I may be trading for Stafford) so I’m hurting this year. Being that this is a keeper league that’s been in existence for 10 years I’m planning more for the future. The calvary is coming next year since I drafted Doug Martin in our rookie draft.

At the moment I’m leaning towards Green-Ellis from an opportunity stand point and youth, or Bradshaw for general good track record and less competition without Jacobs.

Who would you guys target?
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tier 3 RB to Target in Keeper Draft? WHIR

Postby MAXIMIS » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 am

If i'm reading this confusion correctly...
Charles (hillis on a 1yr contract), then Bradshaw, then Bush
4th: Tate ( I see foster getting injured, beanie getting benched or injured, NOT Spiller's year, and a pass first O in Hotlanta .)

Later: Brown

Help? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515938
MAXIMIS
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am

Easily
Charles
Reggie Bush
Spiller
Rodgers
Jennings

The rest leave them alone.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lucky7 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm a little confused, but I think I would go:
Charles
Bradshaw
D.Brown
Spiller
Quizz
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:10 pm

I understand what he's saying. I don't like the tier labels here though. They are skewed because of who's being kept and are largely confusing lol.

Tier "3"

Charles - the no-brainer pick here if he falls. He shouldn't be apart of this "tier" although he DOES lose some appeal due to this being standard scoring.

BGE - he gets the nod over the rest due to the format. There's no reason he can't put up double digit TDs this year with no competition and good O-line.

Bradshaw - huge durability issues and Wilson will undoubtedly cut into his workload, I do like him more than the rest of the options though

Benson - he has low-end RB2 potential in standard formats, hopefully Rodgers/Kuhn won't poach TOO many TDs though

Bush - PPR monster, not so much in standard, especially this year

Turner - Although he gets a bump in standard, and is usually ranked ahead of at least Benson/Bush I cannot with a straight face advise anyone to draft him at this point

Out of the rest, I like Brown and he should probably be ranked somewhere in the middle of tier 3. If you think you can get him later though don't reach. Jennings is also a must have if you're a MJD owner, this should be your #1 priority. I like Jaquizz, put only in PPR.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:I understand what he's saying. I don't like the tier labels here though. They are skewed because of who's being kept and are largely confusing lol.

Tier "3"

Charles - the no-brainer pick here if he falls. He shouldn't be apart of this "tier" although he DOES lose some appeal due to this being standard scoring.

BGE - he gets the nod over the rest due to the format. There's no reason he can't put up double digit TDs this year with no competition and good O-line.

Bradshaw - huge durability issues and Wilson will undoubtedly cut into his workload, I do like him more than the rest of the options though

Benson - he has low-end RB2 potential in standard formats, hopefully Rodgers/Kuhn won't poach TOO many TDs though

Turner - Although he gets a bump in standard, and is usually ranked ahead of at least Benson/Bush I cannot with a straight face advise anyone to draft him at this point

Out of the rest, I like Brown and he should probably be ranked somewhere in the middle of tier 3. If you think you can get him later though don't reach. Jennings is also a must have if you're a MJD owner, this should be your #1 priority. I like Jaquizz, put only in PPR.

Don't know if I can put it much better than this. Especially the part reminding you to def grab Donald Brown just because his value is much higher than the others on that short list IMO
I want me some glory hole!
michaelyoung4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sabomnim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 am

Charles, bge, benson
I don't have faith that Bradshaw won't get hurt or lose carries
If you do then put him 2nd or 3rd
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby snixx79 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:I understand what he's saying. I don't like the tier labels here though. They are skewed because of who's being kept and are largely confusing lol.

Tier "3"

Word for word......and i also like Brown (tho u'd need to be sure to take ballard with a late pick too) I would rank Jennings only behind Charles/Law Firm/Bradshaw if i knew fOr certain MJD would miss extended time.

Thanks for the help on mine!
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions