Adrian peterson week 1 or doug martin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Adrian peterson week 1 or doug martin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian peterson week 1 or doug martin?

Postby joer80 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am

I know Adrian Peterson is a better player, but as it stands right now with skipping the whole preseason and not having contact in practice yet, do you think he will get enough play time to be worth starting over someone like Doug Martin or Stevan Ridley?

Adrian is playing the Jac and Doug Martin is playing Car, Ridley is playing @Ten.

Thanks!
joer80
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian peterson week 1 or doug martin?

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

joer80 wrote:I know Adrian Peterson is a better player, but as it stands right now with skipping the whole preseason and not having contact in practice yet, do you think he will get enough play time to be worth starting over someone like Doug Martin or Stevan Ridley?

Adrian is playing the Jac and Doug Martin is playing Car, Ridley is playing @Ten.

Thanks!

Hard to tell until right before game 1, but at this point I'd go with Doug Martin unless LeGarrette Blount suddenly puts it all together and looks to steal some of his workload. Peterson will no doubt be on a "pitch count" for his first couple games. At this point the Pats appear to be going with a RBBC so who shines for them may change from game to game unless either Ridley or Vereen really show they're worthy of being their every down back.

See how the rest of pre-season plays out and if you're still not sure bring this thread up again. ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm

joer80 wrote:I know Adrian Peterson is a better player, but as it stands right now with skipping the whole preseason and not having contact in practice yet, do you think he will get enough play time to be worth starting over someone like Doug Martin or Stevan Ridley?

Thanks!

Easy call for me...go with Doug Martin. I doubt that AP will get more than 10 touches in the first week after a major knee surgery late last season.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FantasyChick13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 pm

I agree with others. Start Doug Martin.
FantasyChick13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby manferdmanny » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 am

I be familiar with Adrian Peterson is a improved player, but as it stands right now by skipping the whole preseason and not having get in touch with in put into practice yet, do you think he will get sufficient play time to be worth initial over someone like Doug Martin or Steven Ridley?

Georgia Gates
manferdmanny
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Beginner's Forum