Talk Me Off The Ledge WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Talk Me Off The Ledge WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Talk Me Off The Ledge WHIR

Postby ZigZagMan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

I just finished drafting for an 8-team, PPR league with starting lineups of the following:

2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1RB/WR/TE FLEX, 2TE, 2K, 2DEF

As you can see it's a 2 QB league, but there are also extra starters at the other positions.

I had the top pick and kept seeing studs drop but I ended up waiting too long for a QB. It's also a 6 pt. per TD league so I may have really killed my chances.

Despite my shortcomings, is this team good enough to make some noise?

Quarterbacks: Peyton Manning, Robert Griffin III, Andy Dalton
Running Backs: Arian Foster, Darren McFadden, Shonn Greene, Mark Ingram, Donald Brown, Kendall Hunter
Wide Receivers: Larry Fitzgerald, A.J. Green, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Michael Crabtree, Danny Amendola, Alshon Jeffery, Terrell Owens
Tight Ends: Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme, Kyle Rudolph, Dallas Clark
Kickers: Sebastien Janikowski, Greg Zuerlein
Defenses: Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos

Talk me off the ledge! I'll be sure to take a look a your thread if you respond.
ZigZagMan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Talk Me Off The Ledge WHIR

Postby shoof08 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I like your TEs. I feel like Rudolph will break out this year. Not a fan of Greene, but your RBs will be good if they stay healthy. I like your WRs overall and think Ammendola can be Welker light if healthy.

Thoughts on mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516001
shoof08
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Talk Me Off The Ledge WHIR

Postby Cuffs » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Really hard to judge a team objectively with that many players/starting positions.

Your RBs are great. You could very well end up with 2 of the top 5 RBs. Hunter is poised for a breakout season with the right luck, and if that happens he could easily be top 10. He is killing it with limited opportunities in the preseason. Easy to see Brown having a great season. He can catch and run, and these RBs who have burned people in prior years are the ideal buy-low candidates a year or two later. Brown is still really young.

Your WRs are solid. Crabtree is the biggest x-factor. He has all the talent, and after being overvalued in prior years it seems like there's some value there. The 9ers don't throw it all that much, but he has reportedly looked good in camp and has the tools. If he actually lives up to all the previous hype this year, you have an exceptional top 3 WRs.

Your TEs are good. Rivers apparently can't get the ball downfield as well, which probably means even more passes to Gates, who already gets a ridiculous amount of targets. The great thing about a really good TE is that even with a safety on him, he can pretty much post them up. He doesn't need to juke anyone. And I don't care how old gates is, he can still beat most LBs with the routes he runs.

You QBs...man...you do need a little luck there. Manning has not looked good. Maybe he'll get his mojo back with a few more reps. RGIII, we will just have to see how he looks in real games. He will have opportunities to make plays. If he can do it, he could wind up having a very good seaosn. I guess you never know with Dalton, but you're pretty much holding your breath that one of these guys makes a big leap.

I definitely wouldn't step off the ledge, but I wouldn't worry about quitting smoking or cutting down your drinking right now, either. ;)
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings