Jerome Simpson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jerome Simpson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerome Simpson

Postby WebHamster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

Sometimes a change of scenery is all the break a talented, athletic receiver needs. This year, Jerome Simpson is that receiver. Coming out of college and entering the draft in 2008, Simpson was brimming with potential. His last two seasons of college he had averaged 51 receptions, 887 yards and 13.5 TDs. He was a second [...]

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2012 ... impson.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jerome Simpson

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I like him - he looked great in the pre-season and really seemed to have developed good chemistry with Ponder:

Minnesota Vikings: Jerome Simpson 'so excited' to play again
By Brian Murphy
brianmurphy@pioneerpress.com
Posted: 09/25/2012 12:01:00 AM CDT
Updated: 09/25/2012 12:08:21 AM CDT

The storyline had grown stale like Jerome Simpson's game-day experience, which he spent screaming at the television and enduring commercial breaks like the average fan during the Vikings' first three games.

But the narrative is shifting, finally, as the wide receiver can talk about practicing and preparing for his regular-season debut with Minnesota after serving a three-game suspension for a felony drug conviction. And just in time to rejoin a team whose confidence is soaring after an impressive, 24-13 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

"I'm just excited," Simpson said Monday, Sept. 24. "I couldn't wait until Monday morning came because I was just so excited. Everything is past and behind me now. Hopefully, this is the last time I've got to talk about the suspension."

Simpson was allowed to attend team meetings and work out on his own at the Vikings' facility but has been on the field with his teammates since the Aug. 30 preseason finale at Houston. He has a full training camp under his belt and participated in all offseason minicamps, so Simpson will not be required to wear a name tag when he resumes practicing Wednesday.

Still, he will have to condition his body to absorb contact again and try to broaden a short and intermediate passing attack that has thrived under the low-risk command of quarterback Christian Ponder.

con't...

more: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_216 ... source=rss
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 pm

I like him too, rob. However, there is no way I can see him getting behind a Lions secondary that is commited to stopping ADP and Harvin. He doesn't run good deep routes, does he?

phew, could be a long game. Think that Simpson will get deep a couple times, probably one for a score. This is going to make it a lot toughe for the Lions to win Sunday.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 pm

moochman wrote:I like him too, rob. However, there is no way I can see him getting behind a Lions secondary that is commited to stopping ADP and Harvin. He doesn't run good deep routes, does he?

phew, could be a long game. Think that Simpson will get deep a couple times, probably one for a score. This is going to make it a lot toughe for the Lions to win Sunday.

...and it make take a couple games for him to get back into the swing of things again anyway.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:37 pm

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:I like him too, rob. However, there is no way I can see him getting behind a Lions secondary that is commited to stopping ADP and Harvin. He doesn't run good deep routes, does he?

...and it make take a couple games for him to get back into the swing of things again anyway.

Not so sure, he will get X amount of plays, wouldn't take much to make a splash.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Not so sure, he will get X amount of plays, wouldn't take much to make a splash.

Yeah, against the Lions 20th ranked pass defense he could put up some okay numbers.
stomperrob

Postby ffstosh » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 pm

I just grabbed him in my league the other day, so I'm looking for that potential to pay off.
ffstosh
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 pm

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Yeah, against the Lions 20th ranked pass defense he could put up some okay numbers.

Ya know. sigh. I was trying not to go there. :-b

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:21 pm

moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:

Yeah that secondary hasn't improved much from last season but in fairness they have walking wounded and the rest of the defense hasn't played up to last year's standard - they seem really flat out there, Avril for one doesn't seem to be doing much at all.
stomperrob

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm

stomperrob wrote:
moochman wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Yeah that secondary hasn't improved much from last season but in fairness they have walking wounded and the rest of the defense hasn't played up to last year's standard - they seem really flat out there, Avril for one doesn't seem to be doing much at all.

Yeah, looks like a regression on the D. I think a majority of the blame can be given to the D Line. Perhaps one of the more over-rated groups in the league. A pathetic secondary hasn't gotten any help from what was supposed to be a strenth.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk