Steven Jackson vs Ryan Matthews - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steven Jackson vs Ryan Matthews

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Steven Jackson vs Ryan Matthews

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:32 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Ryan Mathews - RB - Chargers

Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego believes Ryan Mathews (fractured collarbone) will be held out until Week 3.
Note that Acee is merely answering a question on Twitter here, not reporting. Still, no one has a better handle on the pulse of the Chargers. A Week 3 return would give Mathews six full weeks of recovery time. His original timetable was set at roughly 4-6 weeks. The Chargers won't hesitate to use Mathews as a workhorse back once he's healed. We like him as a second-round value pick.

With this news and Fisher as coach I feel SJax will improve this year vs the past few years. He is looking like a beast in pre season so far Fisher says. Mathews has lost my confidence. I dont like him as a 2nd round value pick. That could cause you to lose the first few weeks in your league which is hard to make up. IF he slips to me in the 3rd id grab him.

I'm with you on this. Mathews, although talented, is seemingly made out of paper mache. Who knows how many more games he'll miss this year on top of the first three weeks or so. He also doesn't have a true compliment like Tolbert to spell him anymore in which case he still couldn't play a full 16.

Sjax is receiving quite a bit more hype this year in comparison to others. I attribute this to the anemic state of the position more than anything else. He seems like the much safer pick of the two, only missing two games in his last three seasons. Admittedly, he will start to regress sooner than later but looks to have some more gas left in the tank if preseason counts for anything (not sure it does ^^). I'd feel much better off with him as my RB2, but can see someone justifiably taking him as their RB1 due to the scarcity of the position, of workhorse RBs. I think he's good for another 1000-1200 yards rushing, 40 catches and 300 receiving yards this season. I'm hoping Bradford has progressed enough to bring the team into the RZ a little more this year, hopefully keeping his TD totals above 6.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk