Seem Fair?? **WHIR** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Seem Fair?? **WHIR**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seem Fair?? **WHIR**

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 pm

So, after my draft, Austin Collie got hurt so I went to the WW to replace him. Low and behold I found both Ryan Williams and Rashad Jennings were sitting there, so I dropped my kicker and grabbed both of them. With the news that MJD wants a trade, I think Jennings has even more value now then he did a few days ago when I picked him up. The MJD owner does have some depth at RB, with MJD, Richardson, D. Martin, Redman, Wilson, and R. Brown. I was thinking of asking the him if he wanted some insurance, and trying to persue a Steve Johnson/Jennings for AJ Green deal, but I'm not sure he'd go for it, does it seem fair?

I really like Martin and Wilson, but I think Martin is asking too much and Wilson not enough, plus I kind of need to free up a roster spot to get a kicker for Week 1, which I know is still a few weeks off.

I guess I could just hold both of em and drop Greg Little as I think he'd have a better chance of being able to be had again later in the year if I wanted him...
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Seem Fair?? **WHIR**

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

I don't think it is a fair trade. Jennings value is mainly based on speculation. With his team deep at running back I do not think he will worry. If you can't find a trade I think dropping Little will be fine.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 pm

11stever11 wrote:I don't think it is a fair trade. Jennings value is mainly based on speculation. With his team deep at running back I do not think he will worry. If you can't find a trade I think dropping Little will be fine.

Kinda what I was thinking, I think I'd prefer Wilson to Jennings so maybe just a rb swap and he'd have his insurance.. I think I'd drop little over a back anyway just due to the depth at wr league wide and the lack of quality depth at rb.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

At this point, even know there is some buzz surround Wilson, Jennings is undoubtedly worth more. I say hold off, if MJD doesn't sign soon let him sweat it out a little then try a package deal (Jennings + Stevie for Green), to free up some space.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:At this point, even know there is some buzz surround Wilson, Jennings is undoubtedly worth more. I say hold off, if MJD doesn't sign soon let him sweat it out a little then try a package deal (Jennings + Stevie for Green), to free up some space.
Or just hold onto Jennings in general since there's is legit RB2 potential here.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Yeah, after trying to sell the guy on how good a value Jennings is, I think I just sold myself. I'll trade if he goes for green, but if not I think I'm fine keeping him, MJD doesn't sound like he's reporting anytime soon, and if they trade MJD (which I doubt they will) Jennings just becomes another lead back that I can hold onto or use as trade bait later. Thanks all!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions