Help on Keeper, Demarco Murray or Julio??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help on Keeper, Demarco Murray or Julio??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help on Keeper, Demarco Murray or Julio??? WHIR

Postby sppierce10 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm in a keeper league where we can keep three players, but we have to use the pick in the round they were drafted last year to keep them (I.e. I drafted Brees in the first rd last year and he's one of my keepers, so I have to use my first rd pick to keep him). Two of my three keepers are Brees - 1st rd & Foster - 8th rd. My question to you guys is should I keep Julio in the 7 round or Demarco Murray in 17th? Both of them have great rd value. I already have a top notch rb and the Cowboys o-line is terrible! But, getting at top 10 rb with a 17th rd value is pretty dang awesome. What would y'all do? I will help you guys if you reply!!!
sppierce10
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help on Keeper, Demarco Murray or Julio??? WHIR

Postby BurritoBoy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Assuming Foster was drafted a couple years ago, that's the only way he is there to use an 8th. Even though you have the top RB in fantasy, I would go with Murray for a 17th. A very solid RB2 for a damn sexy price.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby sppierce10 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Yes I drafted him his rookie year and I've kept him since. Getting Murray at 17th is pretty hard to turn downed
sppierce10
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby ryanh1978 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Definately would keep Murray myself but my question is could u keep Murray and Jones instead of Brees? Losing ur first for Brees doesnt sound as effective as Murray and Jones for the 7th and 17th...then drafting a "value" QB along the lines of Eli,Ryan,Rivers...etc??
ryanh1978
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dexter II » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:02 pm

I would seriously consider Julio Jones. The way the Falcons are talking they are going to throw a lot, and throw a lot to Julio. I'd rather have Julio for the long term than Murray for the long term, even at the huge value of a 17th round pick. Who would you rather start each week? Brees, Foster and Jones, or Brees, Foster, and Murray? I think the Jones option gives you more upside.

Good luck.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 pm

This is extremely tough IMO. Murray is a HUGE injury risk, bigger than most people realize. Getting him in the 17th though is all value and essentially no risk on your part. In the same vein, getting Julio in the 7th is equally enticing as I see him finishing the year as the #2 WR in fantasy football. Based on my assumption, I'm going to have to say go Julio though I'd totally understand if you went with Murray.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions