Wait on WR's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Wait on WR's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wait on WR's?

Postby mike208 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 pm

With so much depth at the WR position and the NFL moving to a more pass oriented league. Is waiting on a WR a good strategy this year? I mean sure if Megatron drops into the 4th round I will jump all over him. And I'm sure I will pick up a WR in the top 5 or 6 rounds. But with guys like Torrey Smith and Randall Cobb seemingly being drafted very late, it seems like a good plan to try to wait for guys like that and use the earlier picks to grab more RB's
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wait on WR's?

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:56 am

No way Megatron falls to the 4th - his ADP is 6.7 - you wanna try not to be too rigid in what position you will address in each round, important to try and grab the best player available - there are few stud RB's out there (too many RBBC's) so it's good to try and grab one early. While WR's seem to dominate the game now you can't wait too long or you won't get a solid WR1. A lot will depend on the others in your league and how they draft.

To get an idea of what a player's ADP is:
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/adp/overall.php
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Re: Wait on WR's?

Postby mike208 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Lol. I know Megatron won't drop to the 4th. I was exaggerating to show that I knew not to be rigid and to take what's available. I was merely saying it seems like there are more value receivers deeper in the pool this year then there will be rbs.
mike208
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Beginner's Forum