Which QB or RB in 1st round? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which QB or RB in 1st round?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which QB or RB in 1st round?

Postby Shark1225 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:56 pm

I was going over other teams keepers and realized 8 of the 12 teams kept a QB. I am sitting at pick # 6 and Brees and Brady were not kept, the 2nd draft pick did not keep a QB so I assume he will take Brees, so that leaves Brady. I kept Mcgahee, Graham and Cruz so I need a #1 RB but if Brady is there do I grab him? 4 pts TD, -1 INT

I mean if you have Vick as your keeper you might draft Brady but why would you draft any of the rest, If you had Rivers why would you draft Schaub or Cutler before everything else is in place so around round 7. The only trouble is the best RB I will likely have left is Richardson. My thoughts are go for Brady and hope someone like Gore drops to me at 17, I guess? Thoughts.

QB's kept:
Vick
Ryan
Rivers
Rodgers
Stafford
Eli
Big Ben
Newton
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which QB or RB in 1st round?

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Shark1225 wrote:I was going over other teams keepers and realized 8 of the 12 teams kept a QB. I am sitting at pick # 6 and Brees and Brady were not kept, the 2nd draft pick did not keep a QB so I assume he will take Brees, so that leaves Brady. I kept Mcgahee, Graham and Cruz so I need a #1 RB but if Brady is there do I grab him? 4 pts TD, -1 INT

I mean if you have Vick as your keeper you might draft Brady but why would you draft any of the rest, If you had Rivers why would you draft Schaub or Cutler before everything else is in place so around round 7. The only trouble is the best RB I will likely have left is Richardson. My thoughts are go for Brady and hope someone like Gore drops to me at 17, I guess? Thoughts.

QB's kept:
Vick
Ryan
Rivers
Rodgers
Stafford
Eli
Big Ben
Newton

Seems some of the value QB picks are gone. You may be forced to grab a QB although I never advise going for one in the early rounds, keeper leagues are different though. There's also less of an incentive to go QB early with only 4PTs per passing TD. As for Gore, he's going as late as the 5th round in many leagues for good reason, there should be much better options at 17 then him.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions