AJ Green - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

AJ Green

Moderator: Football Moderators

AJ Green

Postby da bears » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Anyone know why there isn't more talk of this guy taking a Calvin Johnson type leap in his 2nd season to the 1300-12 territory? He converted a very low % of red zone balls last season and given his size you'd think those numbers will trend upwards. He is ranked quite well but why has he not popped up as the 2nd or 3rd WR off the board?
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: AJ Green

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Simple answer is Andy Dalton isn't Matthew Stafford. That said, no reason Dalton & Green can't continue to improve.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Probably almost entirely because he plays on the Bengals and Julio Jones is getting all the hype.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby da bears » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 pm

stomperrob wrote:Simple answer is Andy Dalton isn't Matthew Stafford. That said, no reason Dalton & Green can't continue to improve.

Calvin's 2nd year was with Orlovsky, Culpepper, and Kitna :-o
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby NuNation » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I've got him as my #4 WR behind Calvin, Larry and Julio.
NuNation
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Dirt McGirt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

As a bengals fan anything I say about AJ Green should be taken with a grain of salt.

In his rookie year he made some down right filthy catches. He high-points the ball as well as anyone in the league.

His 7Tds from last season were a real shame. With any kind of luck it could have easily been 11+ I can vividly remember 4 occasions were it should have been a TD. Someone touched on it earlier that his RZ % conversion was very low. You could almost bank on every other goal to go situation that AJ was getting a fade ball on one of those 3 plays. The problem is that Dalton sucked at throwing the fade. He would put it to far out of the endzone. There were 3 occasions were AJ would catch that ball but not be able to get both feet in because of the poor ball Dalton would put out there for him.

If anyone watched the Bengals week 2 preseason game they had to have been thrilled with what they saw from Green and moderately pleased with what they saw from dalton. The 55 yd TD that he put on green was great, but unless you watched the game you missed earlier in the half where dalton was late in seeing green breaking open on a corner route where the ball was long and late (which AJ hauled in, because he catches everything but was out of the endzone). That fist half could have easily been 120 yds and 2 tds. But no point in getting too worked up over preseason.

After all the rambling all you need to know is that AJ Green is an absolute freak who will get a ton of targets all over the field and especially in the RZ. His 7 Tds he scored his rookie year will be the lowest TD total of his career until he hits 30+yrs old.

**The only bad thing I have to say about him is that he seems a bit fragile. He was constantly getting banged up last year and they way he goes after the ball in the air he is bound to have an awkward landing. I don't think he will ever be a monster yardage guy but 1200 and 12 for this year would be a very achievable stat line
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:37 pm

da bears wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Simple answer is Andy Dalton isn't Matthew Stafford. That said, no reason Dalton & Green can't continue to improve.

Calvin's 2nd year was with Orlovsky, Culpepper, and Kitna :-o

People never learn from history! :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

I didn't realize AJ Green was 6'4".
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Dirt McGirt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Come on Andy!!!

AJ Green puts amove on a packers DB tonight and he falls down. It would have been a 70 yard TD if the red rifle could have put it on him.

I hope this is no a recurring theme for the year.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk