What should I do??????????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What should I do???????????

Moderator: Football Moderators

What should I do???????????

Postby kevinkallberg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:53 pm

12 team, H2H keeper league, keep 6

My keepers are Ray Rice, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Phillip Rivers, Stevie Johnson, Ahmad Bradshaw

My question is, I have the #1, #2 and #7th overall picks in this years draft (got lucky with some in-season trading last year). Cam Newton isn't going to be a keeper by the original team (has Tom Brady).

Since I have the first 2 picks, should Cam be one of them with Rivers as my QB?

My plan was to draft Trent Richardson and Doug Martin.

What would you do?
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What should I do???????????

Postby K.Rieske » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

I would take Cam as one of them. He's only in his second year and you could see some good return from him in the future. Pick him up along with Richardson.

On a side note, the guy who let go of Cam because he has Brady is not a smart one. I would of kept both, regardless of my other positions. He essentially lost a quality QB for nothing. He could of easily swapped Cam for a first rounder this year or next, or a player to fill in the hole that he didn't keep by keeping Cam. Just not a smart move, IMO. You should dominate your league in the future years to come. Who are you looking at #7?
K.Rieske
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Re: What should I do???????????

Postby kevinkallberg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

K.Rieske wrote:I would take Cam as one of them. He's only in his second year and you could see some good return from him in the future. Pick him up along with Richardson.

On a side note, the guy who let go of Cam because he has Brady is not a smart one. I would of kept both, regardless of my other positions. He essentially lost a quality QB for nothing. He could of easily swapped Cam for a first rounder this year or next, or a player to fill in the hole that he didn't keep by keeping Cam. Just not a smart move, IMO. You should dominate your league in the future years to come. Who are you looking at #7?

I think he actually tried to trade Cam, maybe he was asking too much in return, who knows. His team is pretty stacked too with LeSean McCoy, Brady, Forte, Roddy White, AJ Green and Jimmy Graham.

Anyways, at #7 I'll be looking at Doug Martin(don't expect him to last), Eric Decker, Antonio Gates, Justin Blackmon or David Wilson(might be a smart pick for me since I have Bradshaw).
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions