Why I Ranked Doug Martin Over Fred Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why I Ranked Doug Martin Over Fred Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why I Ranked Doug Martin Over Fred Jackson

Postby WebHamster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Through 10 games last season, Fred Jackson was a fantasy monster. He racked up 1,376 all-purpose yards while scoring six times, numbers that put him on pace for roughly 2,200 yards and 10 TDs. To put that yardage total in perspective, Ray Rice led all running backs with 2,068 combined yards. So why am I [...]

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2012 ... ackson.php
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why I Ranked Doug Martin Over Fred Jackson

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 pm

I'd still take Jackson (who was a top 3 RB before he got injured) before Martin. Jackson will be the guy in Buffalo again. Martin we suspect will win the starting role over Blount (and now he is hurt). If you fear a repeat injury then take Martin.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 am

I think Jackson gets the majority of the carries again with Spiller eating into them a little more than before the injury to FJ last year. Jackson can still put up big numbers. Especially in a PPR. He pass blocks better and catches out of the backfield better than Spiller. Those are two very important qualities to be had in a RB in todays day and age.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 am

I agree with your sentiments. Fjax just looked..slow to me in the preseason thus far. He's never been the most agile back, more of an efficient runner but he just looked slower than usual. I suppose he can't be expected to be the fastest guy on the field when on the wrong side of 30 though. At some point age has to play a role, even if Fjax has relatively little wear and tear, I'm a firm believer in statistics. He's bound to regress sooner than later and I don't want to be caught holding him when that happens. Martin, on the other hand looks like he has a lot of potential for this season and for the future. There's no doubt he'll have a strangle hold on this backfield by years end. I'll take the higher upside guy going a round later on average.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Football Talk