Keep 2 of Eli, Chris Johnson, Welker, and Graham? Help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep 2 of Eli, Chris Johnson, Welker, and Graham? Help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep 2 of Eli, Chris Johnson, Welker, and Graham? Help!

Postby mayfijr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

I can keep two players, and my options are Eli Manning, Chris Johnson, Wes Welker, and Jimmy Graham.

6 points for all TDs, 1 point for 10 yard rushing and receiving and 1 point for 25 yards passing. I feel like I should for sure keep Johnson. Does the 6 points for passing TDs make Eli worth it or should I stick with a top 2 TE like Graham? Thanks, and leave a link and I'll try to help in return.
mayfijr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep 2 of Eli, Chris Johnson, Welker, and Graham? Help!

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

mayfijr wrote:I can keep two players, and my options are Eli Manning, Chris Johnson, Wes Welker, and Jimmy Graham.

6 points for all TDs, 1 point for 10 yard rushing and receiving and 1 point for 25 yards passing. I feel like I should for sure keep Johnson. Does the 6 points for passing TDs make Eli worth it or should I stick with a top 2 TE like Graham? Thanks, and leave a link and I'll try to help in return.

Chris Johnson is the no-brainer, and I'd also keep Graham with him. 6pt TD leagues really don't give Eli *that* much of an advantage over guys like Ryan, Peyton, etc. and I'm sure you can get him back in the draft.

viewtopic.php?t=515994 Thanks.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mayfijr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Here's another thought. Should I just keep Chris Johnson and none of the other guys? This will give me a pick ahead of any teams that keep 2 guys, which will probably be most teams.
mayfijr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cuffs » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Who would you possibly want ahead of CJ/Graham that your leaguemates aren't keeping? I guess if you see a couple other teams in your league with 3 awesome players, each of which you'd love to have more than Graham/CJ, then maybe you think about it. But you have to also consider that you're probably giving up the top TE in fantasy at a position when only 2-3 other players can arguably compare. There are other RB/WRs who will compare to the ones anyone is not going to keep.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 am

Keep the two first rounders in CJ and Graham. NE signing Welker to a one year deal speaks volumes about what they plan to do with him this year and in the future. Eli doesn't merit keeper consideration unless you're in a 2QB league.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TruNinerFan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 am

Graham and CJ

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions