Jarius Wright - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jarius Wright

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jarius Wright

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 pm

I haven't seen much on him out there, so I thought I'd start something and see if any of you have more info. I'm liking him as a sleeper myself!

We've heard it, this season is nothing more than a rebuilding year for the Minnesota Vikings. Fresh off a dismal 3-13 season, the team's roster was riddled with holes and new general manager Rick Spielman vowed to build the team, for not only the present, but for the future as well.

Of all the key additions to the roster this season, none exceeded the age of 28 (TE John Carlson) and all have a chance to be a huge part of the team for years to come.

In my opinion though, there is one move that has seemingly slipped under the radar. The drafting of Arkansas' wide receiver Jarius Wright. It's no shock to fans that the Vikings needed to upgrade the receiver position, but that's not what makes this move so big. It's what Wright brings to the table.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1261 ... -minnesota
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jarius Wright

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:07 am

This is an old report and I have read nothing about him since.

Vikings rookie Jarius Wright practiced at flanker and slot receiver during spring practices.
He's being groomed as Percy Harvin's direct backup -- and perhaps his eventual replacement. Presently, Wright is competing with Stephen Burton, fellow rookie Greg Childs, Emmanuel Arceneaux, and Devin Aromashodu to be Minnesota's No. 4 receiver. Harvin, Jerome Simpson, and Michael Jenkins are Nos. 1-3. Jun 24 - 11:59 PM

If he was really moving up on the depth chart you would have heard some news since. Id say he is worth a possible gamble in a Dynasty but in no way should be drafted in a redraft until there is news
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk