Need Keeper Advice Please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Keeper Advice Please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Keeper Advice Please

Postby 4EVERDEVIL » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm in a ‎12 Team PPR Keeper League (16 round draft). I can keep any two drafted after the 3rd round from last season's draft for the next two years if I wish, but lose that draft pick this year. I have the 8th pick this year. Which two should I keep? Steve Smith 9th round, Dez Bryant 5th round, Brandon Marshall 4th round or 49ers defense 16th?

Other WRs being kept and are unavailable: Welker, Julio Jones, Cruz, Jordy Nelson, A.J. Green, Steve Johnson, Meachem, Torrey Smith. Thanks!

I'm thinking Steve Smith and Dez Bryant are best value, but not sure.
4EVERDEVIL
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Keeper Advice Please

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:31 am

Steve Smith is a shoo in but the others I have trouble. Even the defense :-b Marshall in the 4th is about right but on the new team its still uncertain if he will put up the numbers you expect. If he gets back to his old days and catches 100 passes sure Id take him there. But you just dont know. I do have him above Dez though.

Dez is in great shape but always seems hurt and off field incidents dont help him. If he stays out of trouble and healthy i think he could be top 10 but history doesnt show that.

The niners were a solid bunch last year but Defenses are weird by the fact that some of their points are flukes like tipped passes etc. I still have them #1 and in that round its a steal.

If you are set on going with a skill player Id probably take Marshall over Dez but its close. Uncertainty on both ends. The niners in the 16th is not bad though as long as you can fill up with better or equal WR's with the early picks
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Need Keeper Advice Please

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 am

I don't like Steve Smith this year. I'm expecting a regression in Cam's #'s and in turn Smith's. Clearly, in the 9th though, you are inheriting little to no risk so you might as well take it. As for Dez and BMarsh, I think this one is pretty easy. BMarsh is currently being taken as the 6th overall WR in PPR leagues, going in the early 3rd round on average and with good reason. The chemistry between Cutler and BMarsh is very apparent and hasn't been lost, I think this was obvious when watching them together in the preseason. In years past BMarsh has been an absolute PPR monster when paired with Cutler, surpassing 100 catches in Wes Welker like fashion for three years straight. Cutler has no problem force feeding him the ball and I see no reason why that should change. You can get great value on Cutler in drafts this year as well. Dez comes with more question marks, injury concerns and an injury riddled offense. He may have the some of the most upside in the league but I'm not sure that potential fully materializes this year. I'm not totally down on Dez though, word is he's made great strides in camp this year but I feel MUCH more safe going with BMarsh.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions