Fred Jackson for Jennings PPr/Keeper league WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fred Jackson for Jennings PPr/Keeper league WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rmarenco » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Im in a PPR Keeper league. I have Greg Jennings and being offered Fred Jackson for him. I'm able to keep 3 players; Keeping Jennings, Megatron and Cam. What do you think? I'm tempted cause of what Jackson did last year before getting hurt but know Spiller is in the mix this year. Help me please and will help in return. Thanks!
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fred Jackson for Jennings PPr/Keeper league WHIR!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:23 am

This would be a very tough call for me. Id really have to see the RB's not being kept and assess your chances at getting better.

Bottom line is if you can get better in the draft Id pass but if you feel you would get worse Id take it. I had Fred last year and loved the numbers. I feel he will be a little under that pace but still the #1 in Buf. He is better at pass protection and receiving than Spiller.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 am

Age is just totally against Jackson. Jennings will be on your team for A LONG TIME (so long as you don't have restrictions on how long you can keep a player) where as Fred could only be there another season or 2. Stick with Jennings.
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rmarenco » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:32 am

Unfortunately I can't keep any. I have Blount, Spiller and Starks. It's a 14 team league so I know they'll be WRs out there but no legit RBs. That's why I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Thanks much for the help.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rmarenco » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 am

Agree on the age point of view. Green bay does spread the ball though. Jackson is pretty much their go-to guy. Shoot! It's a tough one for me. I probably shouldn't get too greedy and think ahead huh. Jennings does have the upside here. Appreciate the help guys.
rmarenco Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:01 am

I'm pretty sure I saw a defensive lineman catch up to Fjax on a swing past the other night, he looked slow to me. He's on the wrong side of 30 and IMO has no appeal in keeper leagues. If I'm trading Jennings at this point, I'm asking for someone with a bit more upside. I don't see Fjax matching last years totals.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions