12 Team PPR: 11th pick & 2 picks in the 2nd round (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

12 Team PPR: 11th pick & 2 picks in the 2nd round (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team PPR: 11th pick & 2 picks in the 2nd round (WHIR)

Postby discobriscuit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 am

I have the 11th, 13th and 21st picks of the draft (I made a keeper trade for 21st pick). I'm looking for strategy advice for how to organize my picks. Our league uses standard scoring for yardage with the exception of:
Pass TD = 5 pts
1 Rec = 1 pt

The following guys are off the board (keepers for other teams):
Julio Jones (6th rd)
Fred Jackson (6th rd)
Arian Foster (1st rd)
Darren Sproles (11th rd)
Cam Newton (11th rd)
Matt Stafford (9th rd)
Jimmy Graham (8th rd)
Eli Manning (10th rd)
Steve Smith (8th rd)

I'm fairly certain the top 3 QBs will be gone before my 11th pick. Is McFadden/Fitz/Gronk a good call? What would you target in terms of position and player?
discobriscuit
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team PPR: 11th pick & 2 picks in the 2nd round (WHIR)

Postby srlarson » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 am

Since it's a keeper league, did you trade your only keeper? or do you have others on your roster?

Otherwise my guess is the top3 rbs will be gone, top 4-5 Qb's gone, and Calvin.......So that leaves you in the stink hole...there is a group of 5-8 rb's in the next teir, if you don't have one you need to get one with one of those picks.....I would also look to get one of the WR from the next teir of wideouts.....

As for specific players:
at QB I have Ryan @ #5 ahead of Cam....so if he was there I would consider @ 11 or 13
At RB...this gets ugly fast...I would not touch McFadden, hi history says he will have under 150 touches this year...not a safe first round pick.....But that next teir of backs....I would be tempted at 11 and 13 to take two of them......
At WR...you should have your choice.....may just be Calvin, smith and Jones gone.....but with that many there may hold to 21 to get one.....

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions