top 10 RB rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

top 10 RB rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: top 10 RB rankings

Postby SameSongNDance » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 pm

miracles716 wrote:will age play a factor for older RBs like SJackson, Gore and Turner?

Gore and Turner have already showed signs of slowing down. Sjax came into camp 10-15 pounds lighter and looks to be in the same monstrous shape he's always been.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Zeppelin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:1. Foster - no brainer

2. Rice - no brainer

3. McCoy - no brainer

4. CJ - I flirt with putting DMC in this position, CJ may not have his upside but hasn't missed a game in 3 years, I'll take the durability with my first rounder

5. DMC - straight up finishes #1 overall if he plays all 16 games, he probably won't but it's worth the risk IMO

6. Charles - continually gets bumped up my ranking, has looked good in preseason (good lateral movement) and runs behind a dominant O-line, the players below have bigger question marks

7. Forte - a solid option but I have questions about how he'll be utilized this year (staying back to protect Cutler so BMarsh can do his thing), I believe he'll regress slightly but still put up around 1,400 total yards

8. Murray - IMO I don't even think he should be ranked here but there aren't many other options, he's a much bigger injury risk than people think, dating back to college and he's rather unproven

9. AP - hey, he woke up with no swelling in his knee yesterday after going a bit harder in camp, if this keeps up he moves up, simple as that

10. SJax - he's gotten more hype this year than any year I can remember due to the anemic state of the position, solid RB2 but risky RB1, good for 1,400 total yards, 40 catches though

This is pretty much mine, but I'll say I have Rice slightly ahead of Foster. Foster will have Ben Tate taking some carries from him, but Rice is the only guy in Baltimore. You could say the same thing about McCoy too. Anyway, I'd go

1. Rice
2. Foster
3. McCoy

With a large dropoff coming after this. DMC is on par with them as far as talent concerns, but obviously there's the durability thing.

Help with mine?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=516244
Zeppelin
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

top 10 RB rankings

Postby deltaboy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 am

Hey, where did Lynch fall off this list???

2012 ESPN 12 Team Standard:

1.07: L McCoy
2.06: J Graham
3.07: M Lynch
4.06: B Marshall
5.07: J Maclin
6.06: E Manning
7.07: R Wayne
8.06: D Brown
9.07: T Gonzalez
10.6: A Luck
11.7: N Washington
12.6: Buffalo DST
13.7: J Hansen
14.6: R Mendenhall
deltaboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 am

I don't see how anyone can take Johnson before dmc. Did you guys forget what Johnson did last year? If you did he had 262 attempts for 1047 yards with 4 tds. That's under 4 ypc.

The knock on dmc is that he misses games, and that sucks, but Johnson just missed a year Imo lol.

And this pres season he hasn't looked good either. I don't know I could be wrong and he returns to his old self. Personally I would rather have dmc.

I have zero stock in either player. Just wonder why people forgot about last year so fast.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby miracles716 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 am

DMC is just way too risky to draft in the top 10, i'd rather have a fred jackson or lynch over him.
miracles716
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TitsMcGahee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:34 am

You play to win the game - Herm Edwards. With that in mind. I am going to take the best player avaible with my draft strategy in mind. That being the case, I am targeting McFads in the first. I may take Rogers at 4 depending on how I feel. But after that it's a toss up, and I think I'd take him before CJ1k at 5. I might consider Calvin Johnson over him, but what has been reiterated numerous times, that position is insanely deep this year. The fact of the matter is, you have to trust the reports of him being healthy and 100%, you have to believe that he wants a full season in him to get rid of the pre madonna oft-injured that he has been labeled. He is looking at 3 down plus goal line role. I will build the rest of roster around him (IE running back depth). Hopefully he can have some good luck with injuries, and thats what ff all about.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

miracles716 wrote:DMC is just way too risky to draft in the top 10, i'd rather have a fred jackson or lynch over him.

With that type of mentality you'll finish 2nd at best. I'm not saying DMC plays a full 16 but all you need to do is watch him run to know that he has Foster/Rice/McCoy upside. Very few RBs can make that claim, very few RBs are going to be used in all facets of the game and have 2,000 total yar 10+ TD upside. As long as you draft solid RB depth, as everyone should have at least 5 RBs on their bench anyway, you'll be fine.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TitsMcGahee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:18 pm

I would add beastmode into the top 10 rankings actually.

1. Foster - no brainer
2. Rice - no brainer
3. McCoy - no brainer
4. DMC
5. CJ
6. Forte
7. Marshawn Lynch
8. Murray
9. Charles
10. AP
11. Stevan Jackson
12. MJD (holdout)