Please Rate my Auction Roster. $200 cap. WRIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Please Rate my Auction Roster. $200 cap. WRIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please Rate my Auction Roster. $200 cap. WRIR

Postby bstock123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am

Held my auction draft in my 12-team standard scoring league last Wednesday night. $200 cap. As is usually the case with auctions, didn't go the way I anticipated, but I think I feel pretty good. Didn't think I'd get one of the top-3 RBs, but Rice's value was just too good (for comparison: Foster went for $65, McCoy $60, Rodgers $70). Both Jacksons also went for value IMO, and give me good depth at RB, if not a wealth there. Hopefully WR and QB will be able to keep up. Please rate my roster, and any moves you might make. I had targeted Kendall Wright late, but took a flyer on Mendenhall....Wright is still on the WW.

12-Team League (1pt/10rush/rec yards, 1pt/25 pass yds, 4 pt TD pass)
Redraft, no-PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST

QB: T. Romo ($5), J. Cutler ($3)
RB: R. Rice ($57), S. Jackson ($24), F. Jackson ($25), D. Brown ($4), K. Smith ($7), R. Mendenhall ($2)
WR/TE: M. Colston ($32), D. Bowe ($16), A. Hernandez ($4), E. Decker ($10)
K: G. Hartley ($1)
D/ST: New York Jets ($10 (it was my last pick))
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please Rate my Auction Roster. $200 cap. WRIR

Postby ChinoS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm

I would love to be able to see a link to your league's draft results, as I will be doing an auction a couple days.
As for our team, You don't have a lot of players that I am targetting. I do like Cutler as back-up and Ray Rice will be worth the money. I also like Colston, but if you have pair him with Bowe or Decker I'm a little concerned. Chiefs want to run the ball and Denver will be running a more balanced offense than people think. I might see if the guy who has Matt Ryan would deal him for Romo. Check if either Deangleo or Jonathan went extremely low and the owner doesn't want them. And see if Robert Meachem can be had.
ChinoS
Monday Morning Quarterback

Re: Please Rate my Auction Roster. $200 cap. WRIR

Postby bstock123 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:06 am

Here is the link, hopefully it works: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/391429/draftresults

Here's a couple things I've noticed in auction drafts:
- The first few guys thrown out often times go for less than value, because no one knows what the value should be (I got Ray Rice for less than Foster, McCoy, and McFadden who were thrown out later)
- There are some great deals to be had in QBs later on. This year you can get a Romo/Rivers/Cutler/Ben for dirt cheap, and spend that money elsewhere.
- With the buzz Julio Jones and Matt Ryan are getting now, they're going to be overpriced.

Because of that I couldn't get Matt Ryan (who I was targeting). I got in a bidding war for him with another guy who knew I wanted him. I bowed out when it got too rich and went with the cheap QBs strategy, which I think is a sound one.

Bowe was my first WR, and I thought he was good value, but I know he's not a #1. I panicked a bit on what I paid for Colston because all of the higher WRs were going. Decker also ended up being what I thought was value at $10. I think Hernandez was a steal, as he could out-perform Bowe and Decker. I will check on the Panthers RBs, but I'm not a huge Meachem guy.
bstock123
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Roster Ratings