12 Team Standard WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team Standard WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Standard WHIR

Postby Broham » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 pm

I am working on a new strategy where I don't go WR until the 5th round. Looking for suggestions on if this will work in a 12 team or if it leaves me too thin at WR.
12 team/No PPR/7th overall pick

1 - Drew Brees
2 - DMC
3 - Ahmad Bradshaw
4 - Darren Sproles
5 - Jeremy Maclin
6 - Demaryius Thomas
7 - Torrey Smith
8 - Denarius Moore
9 - Brandon Pettigrew
10 - Daniel Thomas
11 - Mike Goodson (handcuff DMC)
12 - Kendall Wright
13 - Ryan Williams
14 - Rashad Jennings
15 - Vikings
16 - Dan Carpenter

QB - Brees
RB - DMC, Bradshaw, Sproles, Thomas, Gooson, Williams, Jennings
WR - Maclin, Thomas, Smith, Moore, Wright
TE - Pettigrew
D - Vikings
K - Carpenter

So what are your thoughts around the strategy? Thanks, and will 100% help in return.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Standard WHIR

Postby cjdarling19 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Personally, I think it leaves you a little thin at WR. Although Thomas and Smith have great potential upsides, neither of them are a sure thing. I love Maclin, but I would prefer him as a WR2. I would wait until the 4th round at latest to grab a WR.
cjdarling19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby David592207 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Nice squad! Fortunate Brees was still available. Rodgers, Brady, Brees were 1,2,3 in our draft, but we love QB's because we only start 1 RB +/- (FLEX) and 2 WR's +/- (FLEX). So it's a pass favored league. Too bad you couldn't have snagged Graham or Gronkowski in 2nd round. DMC not bad as RB1 though. I like your strategy. Word is that WR is very deep pool this year and RB is a crap-shoot, so I believe it's OK to wait a bit and stack-pile the heck out of RB's (including some nice up-side longshots at the end as you did). You can see who rises to the top and trade for a better TE or WR1 with any excess talent.

Rate mine?

I had 3rd pick:
H2H Non-PPR 1RB/2WR+Flex 12 Team League

QB- Rodgers
RB- Forte,SJax,Helu,BJGE,Redman,Hillis
WR- Welker,Lloyd,Harvin,Decker,J.Baldwin,Cobb
TE- Tamme
D/ST- Lions
K- Bailey
David592207
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Broham » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:27 am

David592207 wrote:Nice squad! Fortunate Brees was still available. Rodgers, Brady, Brees were 1,2,3 in our draft, but we love QB's because we only start 1 RB +/- (FLEX) and 2 WR's +/- (FLEX). So it's a pass favored league. Too bad you couldn't have snagged Graham or Gronkowski in 2nd round. DMC not bad as RB1 though. I like your strategy. Word is that WR is very deep pool this year and RB is a crap-shoot, so I believe it's OK to wait a bit and stack-pile the heck out of RB's (including some nice up-side longshots at the end as you did). You can see who rises to the top and trade for a better TE or WR1 with any excess talent.

Rate mine?

I had 3rd pick:
H2H Non-PPR 1RB/2WR+Flex 12 Team League

QB- Rodgers
RB- Forte,SJax,Helu,BJGE,Redman,Hillis
WR- Welker,Lloyd,Harvin,Decker,J.Baldwin,Cobb
TE- Tamme
D/ST- Lions
K- Bailey

Thanks for your help. As far as your league goes, I really like the team. Shocked that Brady and Brees went ahead of Rodgers. Congrats on that! With the position settings being only 1 RB you are stacked there. Excellent depth.

As far as wideouts, I am really high on Harvin this year. Out of curiosity, which round did you get him?
If anything, you could use your RB depth to land a little higher TE if Tamme doesn't pan out as expected.

Thanks again.
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby abchew2 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm

I like the team. DMC can really pay off if the impossible happens and he is healthy most the year and you have strong enough RB depth to weather the storm if he does go down. WR is the weakest of your team but it is deep this year and if you manage the WW well you can keep that weakness minimal. Bree's pulls everything together after that
abchew2
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Roster Ratings